Commission on the Status of Women
The Mayor's Commission on the Status of Women, in partnership with the University of North Florida Thomas G. Carpenter Library, is hosting the 2014 Women's History Month Breakfast Awards on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 fom 7:45 a.m. to 10 a.m. Cost is $20 per person. Corporate tables are available.
View the event flyer | See this year's honorees
Within its authority, the Commission shall act to:
- Develop a public consciousness of the talents of women, with special emphasis on the utilization of those talents as equal partners in the private, business, governmental and civic community;
- Encourage women to become actively involved in matters pertaining to the government and community;
- Work toward utilization of capable women in roles of leadership;
- Act as a source of information for women including, but not limited to, employment opportunities, education, harassment, and discrimination against women; and
- Focus attention on the needs of underserved women and/or women with special needs.
Alaina Reaves, Staff Liaison
117 W. Duval St., Suite 275
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Email the Commission
Fourth Monday of the month
4:30 p.m. at City Hall
(unless otherwise announced)
All meetings are open to the public. Comments are welcome.