Commission on the Status of Women
Applications are being accepted for the Mayor's Commission on the Status of Women!
Download an application
and email the completed form to AReaves@coj.net
. For more information on Mayoral appointments to Boards and Commissions, visit the Mayor's web page
Within its authority, the Commission shall act to:
- Develop a public consciousness of the talents of women, with special emphasis on the utilization of those talents as equal partners in the private, business, governmental and civic community;
- Encourage women to become actively involved in matters pertaining to the government and community;
- Work toward utilization of capable women in roles of leadership;
- Act as a source of information for women including, but not limited to, employment opportunities, education, harassment, and discrimination against women; and
- Focus attention on the needs of underserved women and/or women with special needs.
Alaina Reaves, Staff Liaison
117 W. Duval St., Suite 275
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Email the Commission
Fourth Monday of the month
4:30 p.m. at City Hall
(unless otherwise announced)
All meetings are open to the public. Comments are welcome.