Each year the Council on Elder Affairs works with the Mayor to honor outstanding seniors in Jacksonville. The Outstanding Male and Female Senior Citizen are chosen as well as the Lifetime Achievement Award which recognizes good work throughout the lifetime of the senior.
MAYOR’S 20TH ANNUAL SENIOR CITIZENS OF THE YEAR AWARDS
To honor the achievements of special male and female and female seniors who have accomplished outstanding volunteer service to the community DURING THE PAST YEAR. Award given at 2019 Senior Expo on May 1, 2019.
- Nominees must be residents of Jacksonville-Duval County.
- Nominees must be sixty (60) years of age or older.
- Nominees must not work as a full-time paid employee of an organization whose primary purpose is to serve the elderly.
- The nomination must reflect the actual accomplishments(s) achieved during the past year.
- Members of the Jacksonville-Duval County on Elder Affairs are not eligible. Questions? Call 904-630-4670.
HOW TO NOMINATE
- Complete the online form below or download and fill out the nomination form (PDF). Attach a supporting statement of no more than 500 words describing the nominee’s activities and achievement(s). You may also include appropriate support materials. Do Not submit video tapes, displays, films, or scrapbooks.
- All submitted materials become property of the Jacksonville-Duval County Council on Elder Affairs (COEA) and cannot be returned.
- All entries should be received by our office no later than April 10, 2019.
Mail entries to:
Council on Elder Affairs
Attention: Carrence Bass - Mayor’s Senior Awards
117 W. Duval Street, Suite 210
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Email entries to:
Submit entry online below: