Who we are: The Compensation and Benefits Division is an activity under the Employee Services Department of the City of Jacksonville.
What we do: Our office is responsible for the development, procurement, administration and servicing of all city employees, retirees and eligible dependents' benefits programs. We also provide the same services for constitutional offices and some outside agencies.
Programs provided include: health insurance, Tricare supplement, employee and dependent life insurance, dental and vision plans, COBRA, a flexible spending account (FSA) (covering medical reimbursement, elder and child care, transportation and pre-taxed parking), OBRA, a 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan and a 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan. We also provide new hire benefits overview sessions, pre-retirement seminars and a wellness program that provides blood drives, free flu shots, discounted gym membership and 'Lunch and Learn' programs to city employees and retirees.
Where we are located: 117 West Duval St., 1st. Floor, Suite 150, Jacksonville, Florida 32202
Hours of service: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Main Number: (904) 630-1314 - Fax Number: (904) 630-1294
If you have questions, please refer to the office staff and provider contacts or e-mail us at: email@example.com.
Robert E. Parr, CLU, RHU, HIA, REBC
Chief of Compensation and Benefits
117 W. Duval Street , Suite 150
Jacksonville, Florida 32202
*** ANNUAL BENEFITS ENROLLMENT INFORMATION for CY 2018 ***
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
The City of Jacksonville's 2018 Benefits Enrollment is October 30, 2017 through November 13, 2017
If you decide to keep your current benefits, you DO NOT need to re-enroll for 2018
If you elect the new UF Health Direct Care Plan for 2018, you MUST enroll
If you elect Flexible Spending for 2018, you MUST enroll
BENEFITS ENROLLMENT ON-SITE with PROVIDER REPRESENTATIVES will only be available from October 30, 2017 through November 13, 2017 at City Hall - St. James Building, 117 West Duval Street, Mezzanine floor, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
BENEFITS ENROLLMENT ONLINE. The website is http://EmpSelfService.coj.net
This enrollment site will only be open from October 30, 2017 through November 13, 2017
- Login assistance is available on the login screen. For further assistance please call ITD at (904) 255-1818.
- To view your current 2017 benefits select the "Current Benefits" tab on the enrollment site after log-in.
- If you add a new dependent, you will be enrolled in an interim coverage temporarily until the system runs the nightly dependent certification process. If you have submitted all of your dependent documentation then you will be enrolled in the suspended coverage after the process certifies your dependents. Please Note: New Dependents added to your 2018 benefits will not be listed on your confirmation letter until the required original documents have been submitted to Employee Benefits.
- "Decline Health - Enrolled in Other Coverage". For Active Employees Only. *Please note: If you choose to opt out the only way to come back into the plan is if you experience a qualified life event.
- Benefits Confirmation Statement is on the last page of the enrollment site and must be printed/saved after completion of enrollment. Prior to printing/saving the confirmation letter please review your confirmation to ensure your benefits are listed correctly and each dependent is listed for each elected benefit.
- Print/save the confirmation statement as your proof of enrollment. To make enrollment corrections you MUST provide a copy of your Confirmation Statement. Please Note: In order to make changes to your benefits after your initial enrollment period/annual enrollment, there must be a qualifying event. Qualifying events must be processed within 31 days, if not; you will have to wait until annual enrollment to make changes to your benefits.
2018 BENEFITS PLAN
Welcome to the CITY OF JACKSONVILLE! Before you enroll, please review the following benefits information:
Effective January 1, 2018:New The City of Jacksonville will be offering an additional health plan option for 2018. Besides the three (3) existing plans administered by Florida Blue, you will now have an opportunity to select UF Health Direct Care. Check out the new UF HEALTH DIRECT CARE plan below to see if it is a better choice for you and your family. Great benefits, low out of pocket cost, zero premiums for employees and high quality health care.
2018 UF HEALTH DIRECTCARE HEALTH INSURANCE*
Effective January 1, 2018:New The City of Jacksonville has negotiated an agreement to offer employees and retirees an exciting new plan with low out of-pocket-costs and world-class health care through the UF Health Direct Care Network administered by Integra Administrative Group, Inc.
2018 FLORIDA BLUE HEALTH INSURANCE*
Eligibility Guidelines and Required Documents
Health Advocates Solutions
2018 DENTAL INSURANCE*
2018 VISION INSURANCE*
*Rates are based on the Bargaining Unions/Units.
Not all part-time employees are elibigble for benefits. It will depend on the Bargaining Unit/Occupational Code which is determined by the City of Jacksonville's Employee Services Department.
The Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Medical, Dependent Care and Qualified Transportation
Effective January 1, 2018:New Discovery Benefits is the new Flexible Spending provider for Medical, Dependent Care and Qualified Transportation for City of Jacksonville.
2018 STANDARD & SUPPLEMENTAL LIFE INSURANCE
Life Insurance Beneficiary Forms
2018 TriCARE SUPPLEMENTAL PLAN - for MILITARY ONLY
2018 BENEFITS for EXTERNAL AGENCIES
2018 COBRA/HIPAA MANDATED BENEFITS
Effective July 1, 2017: TASC is the new provider that took over the COBRA administration for the City of Jacksonville. If you have any questions about your rights to COBRA continuation coverage, please contact TASC Customer Care by phone at (800) 422 4661, or by e-mail at COBRAService@tasconline.com
Customer service hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
EMPOWER RETIREMENT PLANS
The Go365 program is designed to reward you for making healthy choices. You could be rewarded for a range of fitness, prevention, and education activities—anything from signing up for a 5k to completing a routine dental exam.
Any "normal" member who joins Baileys has to join on a Platinum Plan in order to have all locations access. However, the City of Jacksonville Employees and Retirees can join on a Basic Plus membership to have all location access and also pay a lower rates with no contract.
: You must have Adobe Reader XI installed in your computer to open the form. If you don't have it, you can download it here. All forms must be completed by a COJ employee or retiree and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org