Who we are: The Compensation and Benefits Division is an activity under the Employee Services Department of the City of Jacksonville.
What we do: Our office is responsible for the development, procurement, administration and servicing of all city employees, retirees and eligible dependents' benefits programs. We also provide the same services for constitutional offices and some outside agencies.
Programs provided include: health insurance, Tricare supplement, employee and dependent life insurance, dental and vision plans, COBRA, a flexible spending account (FSA) (covering medical reimbursement, elder and child care, transportation and pre-taxed parking), an employees assistance program (EAP), OBRA, a 401(a) defined contribution plan and a 457(b) deferred compensation plan. We also provide new hire benefits overview sessions, pre-retirement seminars and a wellness program that provides blood drives, free flu shots, discounted gym membership and 'Lunch and Learn' programs to city employees and retirees.
Please see our benefits line-up below.
Where we are located: 117 West Duval St., 1st. Floor, Suite 150, Jacksonville, Florida 32202
Hours of service: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Main Number: (904) 630-1314 - Fax Number: (904) 630-1294
If you have questions, please refer to the office staff and provider contacts or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert E. Parr, CLU, RHU, HIA, REBC
Chief of Compensation and Benefits
117 W. Duval Street , Suite 150
Jacksonville, Florida 32202
Email : RParr@coj.net
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT CONCERNING YOUR 2018 HEALTH PLAN!
INTRODUCING UF HEALTH DIRECT CARE
We are pleased to announce that the City is introducing a new health plan option called UF HEALTH DIRECT CARE. This exciting new plan will be available this year during the annual enrollment which is scheduled for October 30th through November 13th. UF HEALTH DIRECT CARE offers City employees access to the entire UF Health network of hospitals, physicians, clinics and other services in both Jacksonville and Gainesville. In addition, enrollees will have access to Wolfson’s Children’s Hospital through UF Health physicians, Borland-Groover Clinic and Care Spot Urgent Care Centers.
UF HEALTH DIRECT CARE has ZERO premium cost to employees as well a $10 Copay for primary physician care and low out of pocket costs. Certain preventive services also have ZERO Copay.
UF Health has partnered with INTEGRA Administrative Group to provide the administrative and claims payment services, the prescription drug program and customer service.
Here are just a few of the UF HEALTH CARE DIRECT plan highlights:
- $10 Co-pay for primary care services; lowest Copay for primary care among all the offered plans
- Low overall out-of-pocket costs
- A large number of primary care physicians available in Northeast Florida and Southern Georgia, which includes pediatricians, obstetrics/gynecology and family physicians. Most people are within a short drive to one or more UF Health family physician offices
- UF HEALTH DIRECT CARE offers primary care centers in Duval, St. Johns, Clay, Nassau and Baker counties
- UF HEALTH DIRECT CARE offers the beautiful new UF Health North campus, located in North Jacksonville on Max Leggett Parkway just east of Interstate 95. UF Health North campus includes a 92-bed hospital, 24/7 adult and pediatric emergency center, outpatient surgery center and a medical office building. This facility is the only full-service hospital in North Jacksonville.
- No matter how specialized and unique your medical needs, UF HEALTH DIRECT CARE has you covered with more than 100 specialty and subspecialty medical practices from primary care to highly complex care.
- Because UF HEALTH DIRECT CARE is affiliated with the University of Florida, patients have access to all of the benefits of an academic health center, including advanced medical treatment from UF cardiologists, neurologists, cancer specialists, rheumatologists and orthopedic surgeons, as well as the latest in cutting-edge research and technology.
- The UF Health Birth Center is a unique addition to the community for mothers who prefer a natural birth experience. The Birth Center differs from other labor and delivery units, by offering a home-like environment for expectant mothers to give birth.
- UF HEALTH DIRECT CARE is utilizing a concierge approach to customer service by having a service team dedicated exclusively to City of Jacksonville employees that will handle all of their medical billing and claims questions
This year, check out the new UF HEALTH DIRECT CARE plan to see if it is a better choice for you and your family. Great benefits, low out of pocket cost, zero premiums for employees and high quality health care. You need to consider UF HEALTH DIRECT CARE.
***ANNUAL BENEFITS ENROLLMENT INFORMATION for CY 2018***
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
The City of Jacksonville's 2018 Benefits Enrollment is October 30, 2017 through November 13, 2017.
BENEFITS ENROLLMENT SITES with Provider Representatives will be available October 30, 2017 through November 13, 2017 at City Hall-St. James Building, 117 West Duval Street, Mezzanine floor, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- If you do not need to make any changes to your current benefits for 2018, you DO NOT need to re-enroll
- If you elect the new UF Health Direct Care Plan for 2018 you MUST enroll
- Discovery Benefits is our new Flexible Spending provider for 2018. If you elect Flexible Spending for 2018, you MUST enroll
BENEFITS ENROLLMENT ON-LINE The website address is http://EmpSelfService.coj.net
This enrollment site will only be available October 30, 2017 through November 13, 2017
Benefits Confirmation Statement is on the last page of the enrollment site and must be printed after completion of enrollment. Prior to printing the confirmation letter please review your confirmation to ensure your benefits are listed correctly and each dependent is listed for each elected benefit. Please print the confirmation statement as your proof of enrollment. To make enrollment corrections you MUST provide a copy of your Confirmation Statement.
- Your User Name is your first initial, last name (unless it has been changed)
- The Password is the last five digits of your Social Security Number (unless it has been changed)
- You must have Acrobat Reader 4.0 or above on your computer to enroll
- Login assistance is available on the login screen. For further assistance please call ITD at (904) 255-1818
- To view your current 2017 benefits select the "Current Benefits" tab on the enrollment site after log-in
Please Note: New Dependents added to your 2018 benefits will not be listed on your confirmation letter until the required documents have been submitted to Employee Benefits.
2018 BENEFITS PLAN
Effective January 1, 2018 New
The City of Jacksonville will be offering an additional health plan option for 2018. Besides the three (3) existing plans administered by Florida Blue, you will now have an opportunity to select UF Health Direct Care.
2018 UF HEALTH DIRECTCARE Health Insurance*
Effective January 1, 2018:New UF Health Direct Care is a new health plan being added to the three current FL Blue health
plans. This plan will be administered by Integra Administrative Group.
The City has negotiated an agreement that will allow us to offer City employees an exciting new plan with low out of-pocket-costs and world-class health care through the UF Health Direct Care Network.
Some of the features offered by UF Health Direct Care are:
- Zero premiums for employees; low premiums for dependents
- Low out-of-pocket-cost
- $10 Copay for Primary Care visits; Zero for most preventive care services
- Access to the UF Health provider system in Jacksonville and Gainesville, including the beautiful new UF Health hospital near the airport
- Access to Wolfson Children’s Hospital, Borland-Groover Clinic and Care Spot Urgent Care Centers
2018 FLORIDA BLUE Health Insurance*
Effective June 1, 2017:
The City of Jacksonville is pleased to announce effective June 1, 2017 Medically Necessary Bariatric Surgeries
will be covered under all plans offered to covered health plan members. The surgery must be pre-certified and approved. If pre-certification is not received or the request is denied, the surgery will not be covered and the full cost will be the members responsibility. Please take a moment to click here to review the coverage guidelines
Effective May 1, 2017: BORLAND-GROOVER CLINIC
is now accepting Florida Blue patients to include all City of Jacksonville Florida Blue Health Plans
Eligibility Guidelines and Required Documents
Health Advocates Solutions
2018 DELTA Dental Plans*
2018 EyeMed Vision Plans*
*Rates are based on the Bargaining Unions/Units. Not all part-time employees are elibigble for benefits. It will depend on the Bargaining Unit/Occupational Code which is determined by the City of Jacksonville's Employee Services Department.
The Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Medical, Dependent Care and Qualified Transportation
Effective January 1, 2018: New Discovery Benefits is our new Flexible Spending provider for Medical, Dependent Care and Qualified Transportation .
New Hires: Welcome to the City of Jacksonville!
Before you enroll, please review the following benefits informations:
2018 The Standard Life Insurance Company
Life Insurance Beneficiary Forms
2018 TriCare Supplemental Plan - for MILITARY ONLY
2018 Benefits for External Agencies
2018 COBRA/HIPAA Mandated Benefits
Effective July 1, 2017:New TASC is the new provider that took over the COBRA administration for the City of Jacksonville. If you have any questions about your rights to COBRA continuation coverage, please contact TASC Customer Care by phone at (800) 422 4661, or by e-mail at COBRAService@tasconline.com
Customer service hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Deferred Compensation Program
The Go365 program is designed to reward you for making healthy choices. You could be rewarded for a range of fitness, prevention, and education activities—anything from signing up for a 5k to completing a routine dental exam.
Bailey's Gym/Fitness Centers
Any "normal" member who joins Baileys has to join on a Platinum Plan in order to have all locations access. However, the City of Jacksonville Employees and Retirees can join on a Basic Plus membership to have all location access and also pay a lower rates with no contract.
: You must have Adobe Reader XI installed in your computer to open the form. If you don't have it, you can download it here
. All forms must be completed by a COJ employee or retiree and email it to email@example.com