What Housing Actions Are Unlawful?
In sale and rental of housing:
- Refusing to rent or sell housing
- Refusing to negotiate for housing
- Making housing unavailable
- Setting different terms, conditions or privileges for sale or rental of a dwelling
- Providing different housing services or facilities
- Falsely stating that housing is not available for inspection, sale or rental
- Denying anyone access to membership in a facility or service
- Refusal to allow reasonable modification to dwelling or common use areas
- Refusal to make reasonable accommodations in rules, policies, practices or services
In mortgage lending:
- Refusing to make a mortgage loan
- Refusing to provide information regarding loans
- Imposing different terms or conditions on a loan
- Discriminate in appraising property
- Refusing to purchase a loan
- Setting different terms or conditions for purchasing a loan
Other Prohibited Actions:
- Harassing, coercing, intimidating or interfering with anyone exercising or assisting someone else with his/her fair housing right.
- Advertising or making any statement that indicates a limitation or preference based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, or handicap.