Fire and Rescue Department
Welcome to the Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department website. In addition to helpful information about safety and health, emergency preparedness and fire safety, this site offers details about JFRD's divisions and their chiefs.
Visitors to these pages will find a brief history of the department, information on previous JFRD fire chiefs and a tribute to firefighters who lost their lives in the line of duty.
Anyone who has been a victim of fire knows how difficult recovery can be. This site offers some help after a fire with immediate tips on necessary actions to take as well as information on replacing lost documents. There's even a page with information about what to do after calling 911 and waiting for the ambulance.
The director/fire chief of the Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department oversees a department with approximately 1,400 personnel. JFRD provides service to about 900,000 people living in Jacksonville, which covers about 840 square miles.
If working for one of the nation's most progressive fire departments appeals to you, check out the employment section to learn about the requirements for a job as a firefighter or emergency medical technician. Click here to view our latest recruiting Public Service Announcement. (5.4 MB .mov) Launching the PSA requires Quicktime.
The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department (JFRD) provides an easy and convenient method for making online payments.
Customer Satisfaction Survey
If you recently received emergency services from the Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department, you are eligible to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey. To begin, click on the survey icon. Please note you must complete and submit the survey the first time you open the link. Any concerns, questions, suggestions or comments you may have pertaining to these JFRD pages should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Fire Hydrant Proximity Tool
to determine public fire hydrant locations in Jacksonville.
PUBLIC RECORDS REQUESTS:
The Jacksonville Fire/Rescue Department is committed to complete transparency and compliance with Florida's broad public records law as codified within the statewide Government-In-The-Sunshine mandate. Accordingly, please note the following key components of our initiative:
- Custodian: Tom Francis, JFRD Public Information Officer - Telephone (904) 630-0329/0339 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fire Reports: Telephone (904) 630-0434 (Monday through Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM) - JFRDRecordsRequest@coj.net
- EMS Reports: For EMS/Rescue related public records requests, please contact (904) 630-5212 (Monday through Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM)
- For public records requests related to Fire Prevention, including Phase I Environmental Site Assessment, please contact (904) 630-0445 (Monday through Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM) or by Email at RSHEFFIE@coj.net
- For all media related public records requests please contact Tom Francis, JFRD Public Information Officer, at email@example.com