You must file this petition for dissolution of marriage if:You and your spouse have a dependent or minor child(ren), that was (were) adopted or born during the course of your marriage, or the wife is now pregnant (this is true even if the husband is not the biological father). You and/or your spouse must have lived in Florida for at least six months before filing a dissolution of marriage petition in Florida.
Self-Representing (Pro se) Litigants - Required Forms
The following forms are required to be filed in a dissolution of marriage case with dependent or minor children. Click here to refer back to the Family Law Forms Web Page.12.901(b)(1): Petition for Dissolution of Marriage with Dependent or Minor Child(ren)
12.902(b) or (c): Family Law Financial Affidavit.
12.902(d): Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Act (UCCJA) Affidavit
12.902(e): Child Support Guidelines Worksheet
12.902(j): Notice of Social Security Number
12.912(b): Nonmilitary Affidavit
12.932: Certificate of Compliance with Mandatory Disclosure
Click here for the local form for a Motion to Set Final Hearing (28K .pdf)
Click here for the local form for a Final Judgement Dissolution of Marriage with Dependent or Minor Children (70K .pdf).
You may be required to file additional forms depending on the circumstances of your case.
Proof of Residence
Florida residence can be proved by:
- a valid Florida driver's license issued to you or your spouse at least six (6) months prior to filing for dissolution of marriage;
- a current voter's registration card issued to you or your spouse at least six (6) months prior to filing for dissolution of marriage;
- an Affidavit of Corroborating Witness, Family Law Form 12.902(j). (See instructions attached to form.)
Proof of residence must be included in your court file.
You should contact the Clerk of Courts in your county to determine the appropriate filing fee for filing a petition for dissolution of marriage with children.
- All parties who are filing for dissolution of marriage with dependent or minor children in common are required to attend the 'Children First In Divorce' course. Click here to view the Children First in Divorce Instruction Document(29K .pdf) The course is offered by Hope Haven Children's Clinic, 4600 Beach Boulevard, Jacksonville, Florida. You should contact Hope Haven to obtain information about class registration. The telephone number for Hope Haven is (904) 346-5100.
- Mediation. All parties who file a dissolution of marriage action without an attorney, and there are issues in dispute to be resolved, such as custody, visitation, or child support, will be referred to the Family Mediation Unit for mediation. At the present time, the cost for mediation is $40.00 for each party per mediation session.