Free Legal Clinics

The Duval County Family Court Services program in association with the Jacksonville Bar Association and the Jacksonville Area Legal Aid, Inc., offers free legal clinics for individuals involved in Dissolution of Marriage cases and Modification of Final Judgment/Orders actions. If you are already involved, or may be involved, in a Family Law case in the Fourth Judicial Circuit, State of Florida (which includes Clay, Duval, and Nassau counties) you will be interested in the following information:

- The Modification of Final Judgment Clinic is held at 4:00 p.m. on the first Thursday of every month.

- The Dissolution of Marriage Clinic is held at 4:00 p.m. on the second Thursday of every month.

- Registration for the free clinics is not required.

- The Family Law forms you will need to file a dissolution of marriage case or a modification of final judgment proceeding are available on the Internet by clicking here for the Florida Supreme Court's Web Page. The Internet may be accessed from computers located in your local county libraries. Packets containing most of the required Family Law forms can be purchased, for a minimal charge, in the Clerk of the Circuit Court's office located in your local county Courthouse.

- You may contact the Duval County Family Court Services by telephone by calling (904) 630-7682.

If You Plan To Attend One of the Clinics You Should

- Plan your time on the day of the clinic to: (1) go to Room 2150 in the Duval County Courthouse, 501 West Adams Street, Jacksonville, Florida, to receive directions as to where the clinic will be held in the Courthouse and (2) arrive at the clinic session 10 minutes before the session begins.

- Bring the Family Law forms with you to the clinic if you have printed the forms from the Internet or bought the appropriate packet from the Clerk's office.

- Bring your own pencil or pen and writing material to the clinic as they will not be provided to you.

Find it by...

Accessibility | Site Policies | Site Map | Site Index | Employee Search | Help

Need Assistance? Call (904) 630-CITY

Dial 911 in the event of an emergency or (904) 630-0500 for a non-emergency.