Housing & Community Development
The Housing and Community Development Division manages housing related initiatives on behalf of the City of Jacksonville to ensure the availability of affordable housing to low and moderate income persons within Duval County through public and private partnerships. It helps foster community development and resident involvement in neighborhoods.
The division consists of Housing Services, Community Development, Foreclosure Property Registry, and the Surplus Property Donation Program. An eleven-member Commission provides policy guidance to the division. The division also provides staff support to the Jacksonville Housing Finance Authority.
Housing Services is responsible for the administration of federal and state program funding received on behalf of the City of Jacksonville for affordable housing initiatives. This includes the Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP), which assists in the redevelopment of abandoned and foreclosed properties.
Community Development administers the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program awarded annually to the City of Jacksonville through the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). CDBG program funds are sub-granted annually to public and private non-profit agencies that are responsible for providing services to low and moderate income persons, developing decent housing, suitable living environment and by expanding economic opportunities.
Fair Housing - The Housing and Community Development Division of the Neighborhoods Department administers fair housing in each of its programs and has partnered with the Human Rights Commission to make a collaborative effort to ensure human rights and fair housing for all citizens of Jacksonville. Click here for more information about fair housing.
Home Revolving Loan Funds Program Application Process
The City of Jacksonville’s Neighborhoods Department, Housing and Community Development Division, presents the 2018 – 2019 HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) Revolving Loan Funds (RLF) as part of the Jacksonville’s Annual Action Plan.
Hurricane Irma Disaster Assistance Program
The Housing and Community Development Division of the Neighborhoods Department manages the Hurricane Irma Disaster Assistance Program.
Eligibility for the program is as follows:
- Up to $12,000 grant
- For homeowners and landlords who provide housing to low-income renters
- Family income must adhere to the amounts noted on the chart in the attached Hurricane Irma Brochure and/or Hurricane Irma Certification Form
- Priority given to elderly and disabled population
- Lowest income to highest income will be considered
- Funds may be used for the purchase of emergency supplies for weather-damaged homes, interim repairs to avoid further damage (tree and debris removal), construction of or repairs to wells where public water is not available, payment of insurance deductibles for rehab to homes
- Security deposit and rental assistance for eligible recipients who were displaced from their homes due to the storm
Additional Eligibility Requires the Submission of the Documentation Noted Below:
- Proof of insurance claim, adjuster’s write-up and/or any correspondence with the insurance company
- Proof of FEMA claim and determination letter
- Two (2) complete written quotes from licensed contractors; including their W-9’s, for any work needed (as a result of Hurricane Irma)
- Income documentation for everyone in the household
Events and Calendars
All applicants for CDBG, ESG and HOPWA program funds for FY 2018-2019 will be required to attend a mandatory technical assistance workshop and a mandatory budget workshop. The time frame of submitting applications has closed.
For more information, visit:
If any non-English speaking persons or persons with mobility, visual or hearing impairments wish to attend the public hearing and have special needs, please notify the Housing and Community Development Division at 255-8200 in advance so accommodations may be made.
Housing and Community Development Division
214 N. Hogan St., 7th Floor
Jacksonville, FL 32202