The City of Jacksonville is excited to announce its partnership with business, education, nonprofit and philanthropic entities to develop an integrated youth employment career pathway system.
2019 Program Information
Program Goals: To build the talent pipeline for our local economy by connecting young adults with education and employment career pathways that prepare them to meet the skill demands of employers while leading them to workforce success.
The program will occur June 10, 2019 - July 19, 2019 and includes career assessment, employment readiness training and 20-hour work weeks. With the program's expansion, there will be a wide variety of employment opportunities.
- Youth Ages 16 - 21 (Age 16 by June 1, 2019)
- *One Letter of Recommendation (from a non-family member)
- *2.0 cumulative high school GPA for current students or high school diploma / GED ®
- Successfully Complete Screening Process
*Supporting documentation (i.e. recommendation and copy last report card/FOCUS snapshot, or copy of diploma/final high school transcript/GED) is required
**Students not currently enrolled in DCPS and/or with a GPA lower than 2.0 will still be considered for employment opportunities as available.
Supporting documentation submission:
- Upload and submit with the online application OR
- After submitting your application, email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, March 30, 2019 OR
- After submitting your application, fax to 904-630-8240, no later than Friday, March 30, 2019.
This is a competitive process with limited opportunities. The system allows you to save and re-enter the application until it is complete, however, once it is submitted, no additional changes can be made. Submitting your application does not guarantee placement in a position. You will receive a confirmation email notifying you that your application has been received. Please ensure that our emails are not sent to your Spam account.
If you are selected to participate, you will be notified via email with the next steps in the process
Thank you for your interest in the Mayor’s Youth at Work Partnership. If you have any additional questions, please email email@example.com.