Veteran Social Services
Thanks to the Jacksonville Jaguars Foundation, the City of Jacksonville Military Affairs and Veterans Department is able to assist qualifying Veterans with a past due rent or utility bill. Our office provides no-interest loans, grants, and budget counseling to Veterans in need using the same income standards as the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Income must not exceed 150% of the Federal Poverty Line.
This is a community funded, donations based program to assist Veterans in avoiding eviction or utility cutoff. We are unable to assist Veterans with mortgage payments. Veterans who do not qualify for our services will be provided a referral to another agency/organization. We make every attempt to assist the Veteran given our limited resources. Requirements are set by the granting organization.
Please call (904) 255-5550 to make an appointment with a social services counselor. Due to a busy appointment schedule, late arrivals will not be accepted. If you are more than fifteen minutes late to your scheduled appointment, you will need to reschedule. If you have any additional questions, please call (904) 255-5550.
- Must be a VETERAN who lives and resides in Duval County
- This program supports Veterans that are at risk of being homeless due to delinquent rent or utility cut-off.
Two Items from the Landlord:
- Bring Picture ID
- Copy of DD-214 only stating HONORABLE discharge (not General, Other Than, Under Honorable Conditions, Dishonorable)
- JEA Bill if needing utility assistance
- Proof of income
- Bring a letter from the landlord that will include your name, address, apartment number (if applicable) and the total amount that is delinquent. This cannot be a lease agreement.
- The landlord or property owner must complete a W-9 Form. A W-9 is a standard Internal Revenue Service (IRS) form. Download a W-9 Form.
Military Affairs and Veterans Department
City Hall, 117 W. Duval St., Suite 175
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Office: (904) 255-5550