Bait & Tackle
Boat Trailer Parking
On the water
Paddle Board Rental
Alimacani Park is located along State Rd. A1A (Heckscher Drive) on Xalvis Island, adjacent to the Fort George River. Some of the first Europeans to arrive in northeast Florida landed on Xalvis Island in 1562. The park and nearby Fort George Island (formerly part of the Timucuan Indian settlement of Alimacani) comprise a portion of the 46,000-acre Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve. A recreational vehicle park, fish camp, and restaurant were operated on the property for many years prior to the City’s purchase of the site in 2002, as part of the Preservation Project. The scenic stretch of A1A known as the Buccaneer Trail, named for pirates such as Blackbeard that pillaged the coast, borders the park on the east, and the City’s Alimacani Boat Ramp abuts the park on the west.
Car Parking 10 Fishing Available Perimeter Site Fencing