Bait & Tackle
Boat Trailer Parking
On the water
Paddle Board Rental
Barney Browning Park is located in the Norwood section of north Jacksonville, and was previously known as the Norwood Playground until the name change in 1976. Eight different owners deeded portions of the park to the City between 1926 and 1951. Barney H. Browning Sr. (1917-1975), was a long-time North Jacksonville community leader. He founded Barney Browning & Sons, a fuel oil distributor that for many years sponsored local baseball, football, and bowling teams. Mr. Browning served as president of the Northside Business Men’s Club, the Springfield Lions Club, and the North Jacksonville Civitan Club, and served on the boards of the Halfway House and the Rescue Mission. Park improvements over the years include the 1990 installation of sports lighting. In 2006, new playground equipment was installed to update the park.
Basketball Lighted 1 Benches 5 Bleachers 2 Drinking Fountain Grills 1 Perimeter Site Fencing Picnic Tables 1 Playground Equipment 2 Softball Youth Lighted 1 Trash Barrels 6