Brown L. Whatley Memorial Park

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Brown L. Whatley Memorial Park

Alexandria Park was born in 1937 as part of Brown Whatley`s and Joseph Davin’s Alexandria Place subdivision in the City’s San Marco area. The park took its name from nearby Villa Alexandria, the palatial estate of Alexander and Martha Reed Mitchell that was built in the late 1870’s. After the death of Brown Whatley and his wife Marion in a 1982 automobile accident, the City renamed the park in his honor. Telfair Stockton, Brown Whatley, and Joseph Davin, were the premier developers of the San Marco area in the 1920’s and 1930’s. In 1937, Whatley & Davin built the Little Theatre in San Marco, which is now the nation’s oldest community theatre group. Tree-shaded areas, numerous benches, and open spaces combine to provide a pastoral environment at this neighborhood park. Additional features:
Benches 8 Trash Barrels 5