Cameron Park

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Cameron Park

Cameron Park is located in the Murray Hill section of west Jacksonville. The developer of Murray Hill began selling home lots in 1907, and the area existed as a separate town with its own mayor from 1916 until its annexation by Jacksonville in 1925. Members of the Cameron family donated the land for the park, which is named for Lindsay and Elizabeth Cameron, to the City in 1931. Lindsay Cameron (1865-1927) and his wife Elizabeth lived in Murray Hill, and he operated the Cameron Seed Store on East Bay St. from 1886 until his death. Mrs. Cameron, who received a federal citation for her volunteer work during World War II and was also very active in the Garden Club, passed away in 1964 at the age of 81. During a dedication ceremony attended by two of their sons in 1975, a marker honoring the Camerons was placed in the attractive neighborhood park, which contains abundant trees and benches for relaxing. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Trash Barrels 1