Cardinal Park

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Cardinal Park

Cardinal Park is located in the Lake Shore section of west Jacksonville between Cassat Avenue and Blanding Boulevard. Though development started in the 1920’s, Lake Shore’s real growth began in the 1940’s after the U.S. Naval Air Station opened in the area during World War II. The park resides in the Leon Terrace subdivision that was platted in 1947. Before being purchased by the City in 1971, Southern States Utilities owned the property and used it for a water pumping station. Originally planned for a tot lot, the site remained undeveloped until Cardinal Park opened in May 2003. The small, oblong tract, which takes its name from adjacent Cardinal Boulevard and Cardinal Place, was a welcome addition to the neighborhood and a fulfillment of the City’s intended purpose for the site. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Benches 1
Perimeter Site Fencing  
Picnic Tables 1
Playground Equipment 2
Trash Barrels 1