Eartha H. Napoleon Park

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Eartha H. Napoleon Park

Eartha H. Napoleon Park is located on Harts Road, off Dunn Avenue in north Jacksonville. Originally known as Harts Road Park, it opened in October 2003. The park comprises part of a 16,000-acre grant made to John Broward by the Spanish government in 1816. His grandson, Napoleon Bonaparte Broward Jr., later served as governor of Florida from 1905-1909. The park’s original name derives from Harts Road, built around 1840 by Jacksonville’s founder Isaiah D. Hart from Jacksonville to the St. Marys River, and also from the town of Harts Road (now Yulee) situated along its route. Robert F. King and the Montgomery Land Co. donated the site to the City in 2001. The park’s name was changed in June 2007 to honor Ms. Napoleon, a resident of the nearby Turtle Creek Village neighborhood who lobbied for the park and was very active in the civic affairs of the community prior to her death. Additional features:
Basketball Lighted 1 Bike racks 2 Bleachers 5 Car Parking 16 Drinking Fountain Grills 5 Perimeter Site Fencing Picnic Tables 4 Playground Equipment 1 Restrooms 1 Security Lighting Swimming Pools 1 Trails Paved (Miles) 0