Gerrie`s Park

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Gerrie`s Park

Fort Caroline Playground is located in the Fort Caroline Club Estates neighborhood of north Arlington, at the corner of Rogero and Fort Caroline Roads. As people flocked to the suburbs after World War II, the opening of the Mathews Bridge in 1953 facilitated development of the neighborhood, which began in 1958. The City established the playground in 1971, on land leased from the subdivision’s developer, Arlington-Wurn Construction Co. The City then purchased the property in 1982, and also acquired a parcel just west of the playground in 1992 for additional parking. The playground was re-designed and provided with new amenities in a major improvement project completed in 2002. At the ribbon-cutting ceremony, the City acknowledged the dedication of Mrs. Geraldine Atkinson, a longtime-resident who for decades has championed the playground, which often hosts events such as weddings, birthday parties, and reunions. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Benches 3
Bike racks 1
Drinking Fountain  
Grills 2
Perimeter Site Fencing  
Picnic shelters 1
Picnic Tables 6
Playground Equipment 8
Trash Barrels 7