Lonnie Wurn Boat Ramp

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Lonnie Wurn Boat Ramp

Lonnie Wurn Boat Ramp is located in the Fort Caroline Club Estates neighborhood of north Arlington, adjacent to the St. Johns River at Mill Cove. The City’s Fort Caroline Club Park resides adjacent to the ramp property. The opening of the Matthews Bridge in 1953 greatly facilitated the development of Arlington. Arlington-Wurn Construction Co. began developing the subdivision in 1958, and built the ramp, dock, and playground, along with an adjacent water and sewer treatment plant. Lonnie Wurn conveyed these properties to the City in 1974, and after demolishing the treatment plant in 1990, the City added the property to the boat ramp site. Major improvement projects completed in 1995 and 1997 greatly enhanced the facility. Originally named for real estate developer Adolph Wurn (1890-1974), the boat ramp was later named for his son Lonnie Wurn, an attorney and developer. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Benches 4
Boat docks 1
Boat Ramps 1
Boat Parking 9
Car Parking 12
Fishing Available  
Manatee Education  
Pedestrian Docks 1
Perimeter Site Fencing  
Picnic shelters 1
Picnic Tables 6
Playground Equipment 3
Security Lighting