Mickey King Park

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Mickey King Park

Mickey King Park is located in the Colonial Manor section, at the west intersection of Greenridge Rd. and Hendricks Ave. The 1935 plat of Colonial Manor dedicated the park to public use. The park lies in the old Red Bank Plantation, owned by the Philips family in the latter half of the nineteenth century. In 2003 the City renamed the park to honor Mickey King (1934-2002). Mr. King was elected to the City Council in 1971, and also devoted himself to working with the area’s youth, especially in athletic programs. Among his many fields of service were as assistant director of the Boys Home, president of the Jax Youth Football Assoc., and as a member of the Special Olympics Advisory Board. The park provides an attractive green space for the visual pleasure of passing motorists and pedestrians. Additional features:
Amenity Count