New Berlin Boat Ramp

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About New Berlin Boat Ramp

The New Berlin Boat Ramp is located along the St. Johns River, in the New Berlin section of north Jacksonville. Dr. Henry Von Balsan purchased fifty acres along the St. Johns River at Yellow Bluff in 1860, and later named the area New Berlin after his native town in Germany. During different periods of the Civil War, Confederate and Union soldiers constructed batteries at Yellow Bluff (which is now a state historical site). By the 1880’s about one hundred residents lived at New Berlin, which consisted of several stores, churches, a post office, and a cemetery. Families have remained in the area for generations, and the state has designated New Berlin an “enclave”, thus protecting it from industrial zoning. The City considered closing the ramp in 1994, but local fishermen requested that the facility remain open until an alternate site could be found and developed. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Boat Ramps 1
Perimeter Site Fencing  
Security Lighting