Normandy Center

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Normandy Center

The Normandy Center resides in the J.H. Lindsey Subdivision of southwest Jacksonville, just east of the City’s Normandy Park. Normandy Boulevard opened in 1944. It was named as a memorial to the soldiers that were killed during WWII, when the Allies invaded the Normandy coast of France. The boulevard eventually facilitated large-scale development of the area. After a Lindsey family member and his wife donated the property to the Normandy Community Civic Club in 1953, a clubhouse was built the following year. The Club donated the property to the City in 1985, and the building was renovated and the grounds fenced and landscaped in 1986. A picnic shelter and tables were added in 1993, and in past years the City hosted an annual Kids Kamp at the Center. To increase the children’s enjoyment, a playscape was installed on the grounds in 2005. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Community Center  
Perimeter Site Fencing  
Picnic shelters 1
Picnic Tables 3
Playground Equipment 1
Security Lighting  
Trash Barrels 1