Peace Memorial Park

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Peace Memorial Park

Peace Memorial Park is located in the Riverside section of Jacksonville between Mallory and Cherry Streets, across from the Willowbranch Library. In 1916, the site was part of the City’s initial 13-acre purchase for the land to create Willowbranch Park. The Garden Club of Jacksonville conceived of the idea for planting the site with peace roses in 1950, as a symbol of “world peace” following World War II. After the City’s planting of 200 rose bushes, the park was dedicated in April 1951 and widely acclaimed for its beauty and charm. Unfortunately, roses are no longer growing in the park, which now provides an open expanse of lawn with a few venerable trees and a single bench. But two stone markers placed on the grounds in 1958 and 1960 by chapters of the American War Mothers offer reminders of the inspiration that led to the park’s creation. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Benches 1
Trash Barrels 1