Raymond E. Davis Park

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Raymond E. Davis Park

Raymond E. Davis Park is located in the northwest Jacksonville neighborhood of East Grand Park that was platted in 1907. Local residents, led by City Councilman Reggie Fullwood, actively sought a park for the area’s children. The Jacksonville Electric Authority, which maintains a water treatment facility and electric substation at the site, donated the western portion of the property to the City in 2001 for use as a park. After its completion in 2002-2003, the facility was named Spires Street Park. Members of the Spires family were early settlers in the area. The City Council renamed the park in 2004 to honor the pastor of a nearby church for his service to the community, particularly its young people. In addition to a 16-year career as an occupational specialist with the School System, Reverend Davis served on the Board of Directors of the Boys and Girls Club of Northeast Florida and the Johnson Branch of the YMCA. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Benches 4
Drinking Fountain  
Grills 3
Perimeter Site Fencing  
Picnic shelters 2
Picnic Tables 6
Playground Equipment 3
Trails Paved (Miles) 0
Trash Barrels 4