Ringhaver Park

Open Daylight Hours    
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Ringhaver Park

Ringhaver Park is located in southwest Jacksonville, extending south from 118th Street, along the western border of the Ortega River. The City acquired the land comprising the park in 1971, 1972, 1996, and 2000. The park is named for Lambert C. Ringhaver (1910-1976), whose family made a memorial donation for the initial park development, which has grown from 36 acres in 1977 to 576 acres in 2003. Mr. Ringhaver was the founder of Ring Power Corp., and served as president of the Florida Forestry Association, as a trustee of Jacksonville University, and as president of the Greater Jacksonville Open for two terms. The multi-use park is home to the Westside Soccer Club and the Ortega Stream Valley nature area, which contains an 826-foot boardwalk along the Ortega River and a pier that may be used for launching kayaks and canoes. Additional features: floating dock launch; long walk from parking
Amenity Count
Benches 42
Bleachers 18
Canoe/Kayak Launch 1
Car Parking 157
Concession Stand 2
Drinking Fountain  
Pedestrian Docks 1
Perimeter Site Fencing  
Picnic shelters 3
Picnic Tables 18
Playground Equipment 22
Restrooms 6
Security Lighting