Singleton Park

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Singleton Park

Singleton Park resides in northwest Jacksonville adjacent to the Rufus E. Payne Elementary School, which is named for the man who in 1928 became the county’s first Supervisor of Negro Schools. The school was built in 1963, and the park, known as the Rufus E. Payne School Playground, opened soon thereafter. Duval County leased the site from the School Board and had renamed the playground Singleton Park by 1965. Following consolidation in 1968, the City took over the facility. The park is named for Isadore Singleton, husband of the well-known public servant, Mary Singleton. Prior to his death in 1964, Mr. Singleton was a civil rights activist, who also served as president of the Jacksonville Negro Chamber of Commerce, on the board of directors for Brewster Hospital, and as area coordinator for the Peace Corps. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Basketball Lighted 2
Benches 4
Bleachers 3
Car Parking 52
Drinking Fountain  
Football 1
Perimeter Site Fencing  
Playground Equipment 4
Restrooms 1
Security Lighting  
Softball Youth Lighted 1
Tennis Hard Lighted 2
Trash Barrels 7