Bait & Tackle
Boat Trailer Parking
On the water
Paddle Board Rental
Wesconnett Park is located in the Wesconnett section of southwest Jacksonville, east of the 105th Street and Wesconnett Boulevard intersection. It is generally acknowledged that the name Wesconnett derives from the West, Silcox, and Turknett families, who were early settlers in the area. But some people claim that the “con” in Wesconnett stands for the Cone family. The Wesconnett Elementary School opened a few blocks west of the park in 1927. For the purpose of establishing a playground, three different civic groups donated land to Duval County in 1955. The county began developing the park that year, and the city took over the facility after consolidation in 1968. The Wesconnett Health Clinic has resided adjacent to the park for many years, and in 2006-2007, the city added an ADA accessible walkway from the parking lot to the park and replaced the basketball court with a new half-court.
Basketball 1 Car Parking 1 Multiuse Field 1 Perimeter Site Fencing