Skip to page content
Skip to global navigation
Skip to sub-navigation
Skip to search
Skip to page heading
Skip to breadcrumb
Skip to main content
Skip to footer
Top of Page
Skip to all departments
Accessibility Statement and Access Key Legend
Skip to help
Start of Category Links
Things to Do
End of Category Links
Skip To End Of Global Navigation
Search and City Services
Search & City Services
Apply / Register
File / Report
File a Complaint (630-CITY)
Service Requests (630-CITY)
Legislative Bill Search
Parks & Amenities
Offices / Departments
Link to All Departments Page
Focus to close search box
Courts / Legal
Boards & Commissions
Independent Authorities & Agencies
Other Elected Officials
Interlocal Agreements with Political Subdivisions
Community Redevelopment Area Boards
Storm Resiliency & Infrastructure Development Review Committee
Starting a Small Business
Expanding/Relocating a Business
Doing Business with the City
Jacksonville Small & Emerging Business
Title VI Compliance
Things to Do
Things to Do
Arts & Culture
Sports & Entertainment
Pay a Fee
Request a Service
JaxReady Mobile App
Evacuation Zone Search
Would you like to view this page in desktop format?
Side Navigation Menu
Sub-Navigation Menu Start:
Online Homestead Exemption
Commercial Income and Expense Surveys
Exemption Abuse Hotline
Armed Forces Homestead Allowances
Disabled Veterans Exemption
Historic Preservation Exemption
Senior Citizen Homestead Exemptions
Meet the Property Appraiser
Property Tax Reform
Save Our Homes
Tangible Personal Property
Taxpayer's Bill of Rights
Truth in Millage (TRIM)
Value Adjustment Board
For sitemap menu
options click on the
Social Media Links
Site Search Tab
Back To Top
City of Jacksonville
Office of the Property Appraiser
Starting Salary between $24,000 and $28,000
Position title: Tangible Assistant
Supervisor name: Ryan Meaux
Division: Tangible Personal Property
Position Objective: This position provides clerical support within the Tangible Personal Property Division and processes assigned Tangible Returns.
1. Assists customers in person and on the phone.
2. Responds to requests for routine information.
3. Creates and maintains files for the division.
4. Maintains and utilizes spreadsheets to track information.
5. Processes less complex Tangible Tax Returns as time permits.
6. Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
7. Inputs field work onto the current tax roll.
8. Distributes, makes copies and files work products.
9. Performs related work as required.
III Work Qualifications
1. Previous clerical experience.
2. Ability to type 40 words per minutes.
3. Demonstrated skill with Excel and Word.
4. Prior experience in a job dealing with customers, including the ability to explain
policies and procedures.
5. High school diploma or GED.
6. Demonstrated ability to perform simple math functions.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in the available position(s) should complete and submit the
PAO Employment Application
in one of the following ways:
- Print, scan and send the completed application along
with a current resume
via e-mail to
. Data on the form cannot be saved, therefore the
completed application must be printed and scanned in order to send via e-mail
. Applications are only accepted for available posted positions. Applications must be completed in full. Partial applications will not be considered.
Need Assistance? Contact 630-CITY
Accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request.
Visit our accessibility page for more information.
©2018 Official City of Jacksonville and Duval County Government Website, All Rights Reserved. |