The Solid Waste Division's mission is to provide environmentally sound and cost effective solid waste and recycling services for the City of Jacksonville that exceed our customers' expectations.
TIP: Consider recycling instead of throwing items in the trash.
RECYCLING ONLY-AUTOMATED SERVICE AREAS: ADS/CITY
- Garbage must be placed inside plastic bags or cans with handles and tight-fitting lids.
- Each container must not exceed 45-gallon capacity and/or 40 pounds in weight.
- Containers must be free of sharp or jagged edges with bottoms intact.
AUTOMATED SERVICE AREAS (SWS/WP) CARTS FOR BOTH GARBAGE AND RECYCLING
- Garbage must be placed in city-issued garbage carts.
- Place carts at least two (2) feet apart and three (3) feet away from obstructions.
- Carts must face with wheels away from the road.
- Lids must be fully closed. Save excess waste for the next week.
- Bulk items are collected on the same day as your recycling.
- Appliances and tires need to be scheduled.
Take Care When Including:
- Do not put loose sharps or other used medical waste directly into your garbage can/cart.
- Do not use clear containers or bags.
- Containerize sharps in a hard plastic or metal container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Place medical waste containers in the center of your bag, can or cart.
- Small home electronics (computers, TVs, printers, etc.) may be included with household garbage.
- Items can also be taken to the Household Hazardous Waste facility or to a local e-waste collection event.
TIP: Consider donating used electronics or find a local retailer that recycles.
- Up to one cubic yard (or two full wheelbarrows) per week, and no items longer than five (5) feet.
- Contact a construction debris collector for quantities over this limit.
- Debris must be resident-generated. It is unlawful for a hired contractor to leave construction debris for the city to collect. [Ord. Sec. 380.207]
- Materials should not include “friable” (release of airborne fibers upon contact) asbestos.
It is illegal to dump trash and debris on vacant land, roads, streets, drains and ditches. To report illegal dumping call 630-CITY(2489). Garbage Disposal Information, call Trail Ridge Landfill at (904) 255-7355.
Local Residential Wastehaulers
City of Jacksonville
Solid Waste Division
Collection & Sanitary Services
1031 Superior Street
Jacksonville, FL 32254
(904) 630-CITY (2489)
Advanced Disposal Services (ADS)
9798 Normandy Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32221
Waste Pro of Florida (WP)
2940 Strickland St.
Jacksonville, FL 32243
Southland Waste Systems (SWS)
218 Morgan Ave.
Jacksonville, FL 32254
To request collection service or report a problem with collection, please call (904) 630-CITY (2489) or visit 630-CITY online.