Yard Waste

icon showing samples of yard wastePlace Yard Waste Curbside
If your yard waste collection and your garbage collection fall on the same day, please place yard waste apart from the garbage.

Yard Waste includes:

  • Grass clippings and leaves (these items must be in cans of 20 to 32 gallon size or in sealed plastic bags holding a maximum of 40 pounds)
  • Shrub trimmings
  • Tree limbs
  • Palm fronds

 Cut any limbs to 5 feet or shorter, 6 inches or less in diameter and stack in piles parallel to the curb.

Please note that tree removal and trimming services are required by ordinance to remove any yard waste they generate.

Items that are not yard waste:
Fencing, landscape timbers, garden hoses, planters, flower pots, yard decorations

The South Mulch Facility at 11600 Davis Creek Road East is closed until further notice. Alternative sites for disposal of yard waste are:

Old Kings Road Landfill
8540 Old Kings Road
Jacksonville, Florida 32202
(904) 768-5363

First Coast Mulch
11864 Camden Road
Jacksonville, Florida 32218
(904) 751-6495

Private individuals, companies and waste haulers are encouraged to contact the above facilities to confirm hours of operations, rates and acceptability of waste.

Don't Bag it, Recycle it Yourself!

Use your yard waste rather than placing it curbside for collection by:

  • Using a mulching blade and leaving your grass clippings on the lawn, as one bag contains up to 1/4 pound of organic nitrogen that is vital to lawn and plant growth.
  • Using your oak leaves and pine needles as a mulch. This helps the soil retain moisture, reduces weeds and prevents erosion.
  • Making your own backyard compost. You may include vegetable waste from the kitchen in your compost pile.

To request collection service or report a problem with collection, please call (904) 630-CITY (2489) or visit 630-CITY online.

*Note: Hired tree trimming or removal services are responsible for the disposal of the yard waste they produce.

Find it by...

Accessibility | Site Policies | Site Map | Site Index | Employee Search | Help

Need Assistance? Call (904) 630-CITY

Dial 911 in the event of an emergency or (904) 630-0500 for a non-emergency.