Boone Park

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Boone Park

Boone Park is located in the Avondale area. The City purchased most of the property from William Elijah Boone and four other owners in 1926. Mr. Boone (1853-1938) bought and then rebuilt locomotives, which he leased to local industries in North Florida and South Georgia. In 1937, the “little house” was constructed on the grounds for use by the Girl Scouts, and the first tennis courts were built sometime prior to 1946. After the tennis clubhouse opened in 1950, the park hosted the City’s major, public tennis tournaments for decades. Riverside Avondale Preservation (RAP) has worked extensively for improvements at the park in recent years. Two of its sponsored committees (for the North and South portions of the park respectively), led by Doris Keith and Richard Skinner, oversaw major renovations between 1997 and 2003, with substantial funding and assistance provided by City Councilman Jim Overton and the DPRE. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Benches 96
Bike racks 4
Bleachers 2
Car Parking 117
Drinking Fountain  
Grills 8
Picnic shelters 2
Picnic Tables 24
Playground Equipment 23
Restrooms 1
Security Lighting  
Tennis Clay Lighted 14
Tennis Hard Lighted 2