JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (June 4, 2014) – The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office is anticipating amplified traffic in downtown Jacksonville, near the Sports Complex area, during the afternoon and evening hours of Saturday, June 7, 2014. This is due to several special events in the area attracting large crowds. Attendees should plan ahead in order to arrive on time.
The Main Street Bridge is scheduled to be fully operational beginning at 1 p.m. on Saturday, June 7, 2014.
JACKSONVILLE SHARKS GAME
The Jacksonville Sharks game will begin at 3 p.m. at the Veterans Memorial Arena. Arena Parking Garages, Lots J, X, and Z offer patrons the closest proximity to the event.
For more information about the Jacksonville Sharks please visit www.jaxsharks.com
JACKSONVILLE SUNS GAME
The Jacksonville Suns game is scheduled to begin at 3:05 p.m. on Saturday at the Baseball Grounds. Recommended parking lots for this game are Lots P and X. (Map
For more information about the Jacksonville Suns please visit www.jaxsuns.com
U.S. NATIONAL SOCCER TEAM VS. NIGERIA GAME
The soccer festival will be held from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, June 7 at EverBank Field. The festival will be followed by the soccer match that is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. The best parking proximity for the game will be in the Sports Complex Parking Area.
Individuals attending the soccer game are asked to ARRIVE EARLY
due to conflicting events in the area.
For more information about the Soccer Game please visit http://www.ussoccer.com/tickets/140607-us-men-vs-nigeria
Inbound Traffic - Pre-game traffic patterns
- Bay Street will be two lanes east bound and two lanes west bound
- Signage will be posted in the downtown area to direct event traffic to parking lot locations.
- Starting at approximately 7 p.m., Gator Bowl Boulevard at Festival Way (WJCT) will be one-way northbound.
- Starting at approximately 7 p.m., Bay Street/Gator Bowl Boulevard starting at Lot “J” exit will be one-way west bound.
- There will be one way traffic patterns away from the complex post event for 45 minutes to one hour.
- If you are planning to pick up passengers post event, you will have to wait until the traffic pattern returns to normal, approximately 60 minutes after the event ends.
- Taxi drop off and pick-up is located at the north end of the stadium, near Gate 3.
*Reading the PDF document(s) on this page requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader available free from Adobe.
- Parking is also available in Lots W, XX, and Y. (Map*)
- Union Street and Bay Street are the best routes into the Sports Complex; if you are parking on the west side of the stadium, these streets will get you to the parking garages and all the lots on the west side of the stadium. This is the recommended parking areas for the Sharks game and the Suns Baseball game.
- Fans should try to cross the bridge into downtown that is closest to their parking space not the bridge most convenient to their origination point. For example: if you leave from San Marco and your parking pass if for Lot C, do not take the Main Street Bridge. Instead take the Hart Bridge and enter the stadium area that way. It will save time spent in traffic on the downtown side of the bridge.
- Fans should be familiar with parking options and have a plan before traveling downtown. We’ve made planning easy by attaching a map* of all parking lots.