Thank you for taking the time to inform us of a situation that you believe deserves our attention. We encourage both positive and negative citizen feedback to assist us in our goal of providing the best law enforcement service possible to the citizens of our community.


Should you wish to compliment an employee who has provided you with outstanding service, please email the commendation to us by clicking here. The commendation will be forwarded to the member's supervisor for review and appropriate action.


If you have a complaint of misconduct involving a JSO employee please use the information provided below to file your complaint.

How to File a Complaint*
  • Electronic Complaint Form (Citizens can fill out and submit the form electronically)
  • PDF Complaint Form* (PDF form allows citizens to download the form at their leisure. Please go to page 3 of the form for instructions on how to submit the completed document to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Internal Affairs Unit) 

The most appropriate person to file a complaint is the person experiencing or witnessing alleged police misconduct rather than uninvolved third parties.

We will need the cooperation of the involved citizen to ensure a successful investigation. However, parents or guardians should feel free to make complaints on behalf of their juvenile children.

Frequently Asked Questions 

Please click here* to download the Employee Complaint Procedure quick reference brochure.

F.S.S. 837.06: Whoever knowingly makes a false statement in writing with the intent to mislead a public servant in the performance of his or her official duty shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree.

Pursuant to F.S.S. 119 all correspondence with the JSO is public record. Exceptions occur when information is shared as part of a criminal investigation, internal investigation or contains criminal intelligence.
Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public record do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact the Internal Affairs Unit by phone at (904) 630-2187 or in writing.
Under Florida law, once these cases are disposed of they will be public record.

*Reading the PDF document(s) on this page requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader available free from Adobe.