JACKSONVILLE, FL (December 1, 2017) - Sheriff Mike Williams hosted the November 2017 Meritorious Awards Ceremony on Thursday, November 30, 2017 in the Police Memorial Building's Assembly Hall.
The ceremony honors the employees of the month who were all selected to be honored in their respective category by the agency's chiefs, who all serve on the Merit Board. In addition, individuals receiving medals, Peer Achievement awards, and those celebrating milestones in their careers such as years of service and promotions were recognized.
Some highlights from Thursday's ceremony:
- Reserve Sergeant Dominick Raices, who volunteers his time to JSO, was honored for using his training to help save the life of one of his co-workers in June 2017 (see photo). For more information about the JSO Reserve Unit and to apply please visit: http://www.joinjso.com/careers/reserve_officers.php
- Police Officer Kyle Semones received a Lifesaving Medal for his actions in June 2017. He has been credited by medical personnel for his efforts in applying his issued tourniquet on the victim after she suffered a deep laceration on her arm.
- Sheriff Williams recognized a group of officers with “Certificates of Commendation” for their efforts in locating a missing child in March 2017.
- Police Officer John Whitcomb was honored for his exemplary work, both on and off duty, that helped to resolve several cases that took place in late summer of this year.
- Corrections Officer Ray Sepulveda was presented with the “Corrections Officer of the Month” award for his actions which led to the recovery of a stolen vehicle in June 2017 and the confiscation of contraband in July 2017.
- The Sheriff recognized those recently appointed to his Staff along with promotions to the ranks of Police Lieutenant, Police Sergeant and various civilian positions.
- In addition, three Police Explorers who were recently promoted to the rank of Police Explorer Sergeant were recognized at the ceremony. For more information about JSO’s Police Explorer program please visit: http://www.jaxsheriff.org/departments/sheriffs-office/citizen-involvement/police-explorers-program
JSO's next awards ceremony is the December 2017 Meritorious Awards Ceremony scheduled for Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 9 a.m. The ceremony will be streamed at www.jaxsheriff.org
Please click here for:
Photo caption: Sheriff Mike Williams (left) and Reserve Sergeant Dominick Raices (right) with Dominick's co-worker, Charlene, whose life he saved in June 2017.
*Reading the PDF document(s) on this page requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader avialable free from Adobe.