Updated on Wednesday, December 5, 2012; Originally posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2012
JACKSONVILLE, FL (December 5, 2012) – The JSO’s Community Affairs Division currently has six school crossing guard vacancies. School Crossing Guards are part-time employees who are assigned to numerous intersections throughout the city to assist children in traveling to and from school safely.
School Crossing Guards work one hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon for a maximum of 10 hours a week and receive $9.56 an hour.
It is preferred that the applicant’s home address be in reasonable proximity to the location of the position, to avoid excessive and costly travel time.
Once selected, applicants must pass a background check and drug screening, and complete eight hours of classroom and field training. They must also pass a written exam and a practical exam, after completing training.
For more information about School Crossing Guard positions contact The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office’s Community Affairs Division
at (904) 630-2160.
Permanent positions are available at these schools:
- Chets Creek Elementary located at 13200 Chets Creek Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32224
- Chimney Lakes Elementary located at 9353 Staples Mill Dr., Jacksonville, FL 32244
- Hyde Grove Elementary located 2056 Lane Ave. S., Jacksonville, FL 32210
- Hyde Park Elementary located at 5300 Park St., Jacksonville, FL 32205
- Justina Road Elementary located at 3101 Justina Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32277
- Richard L. Brown Elementary located at 1535 Milnor St., Jacksonville, FL 32206
The mission of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office is to protect the lives and property of the citizens of this community, to preserve the peace and to prevent crime and disorder while constantly guarding personal liberties as prescribed by law.