New Year's Eve Celebrations, 2012 Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl and Related Events
December 31, 2011 - January 02, 2012
*Updated Dec. 28, 2011
JACKSONVILLE, FL (December 27, 2011) -- The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office would like to make the public aware of road closures during New Year’s Eve celebrations downtown and the 2012 Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl festivities.
Road Closures on Saturday, Dec. 31, 2011 –
- The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office will be using a hold and release traffic pattern during this event.
- The Main Street Bridge will be closed from approximately 9:45 a.m. until 12 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 31, 2011 for the Vystar 5K Gator Bowl Run.
The following roads will be closed from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 31, 2011 for the Gator Bowl Parade (Parade Route Map):
- Bay Street from the Shipyards to Newnan Street
- Coastline Drive from Newnan Street to Liberty Street
- Liberty Street from Coastline Drive to Bay Street
- Coastline Drive from Market Street to Liberty Street will be closed from 12 p.m. - 5 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 31, 2011.
Traffic tips for the 2012 Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl
Monday, Jan. 2, 2012 at 1 p.m.
- Beaver Street and Monroe Street are the best routes into the sports complex; if you are parking on the west side of the stadium, these streets will get you to the parking garages and all the lots on the west side of the stadium.
- Fans should try to cross the bridge into downtown that is closest to their parking space not the bridge most convenient to their origination point. For example: if you leave from San Marco and your parking pass if for Lot C, do not take the Main Street Bridge. Instead take the Hart Bridge and enter the stadium area that way. It will save time spent in traffic on the downtown side of the bridge.
- Stadium Parking Lot Map - Fans should be familiar with their parking location before game day.
- No streets will be closed in the sports complex before either game. Sign boards will direct drivers into the appropriate lanes for designated lots.
Inbound Traffic (Map) - Pre-game traffic patterns will begin at 10 a.m.
- Inbound Traffic patterns pre-event do not restrict access to any Downtown/Sports complex venue
- Bay Street will have three lanes east bound and one lane west bound.
- Signage will be posted in the downtown area to direct event traffic to lot parking lot locations for parking.
- The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office strongly recommends use of the JTA shuttles to and from the Sports Complex area. Additional information about the shuttle service is located at: www.jtafla.com
Outbound Traffic (Map) – Post-game traffic patterns will begin at the beginning of 4th quarter, approximately 5 p.m.
- Gator Bowl Blvd. at Festival Way will be one way North bound.
- Bay Street/Gator Bowl Blvd. starting at Lot "J" exit will be one way West bound.
- No provision for traffic access to the stadium area post event for 45-minutes to one hour. (One way patterns away from complex)
- Taxi stand is located at the North End of the stadium.
For information on New Year’s Eve Celebrations in downtown Jacksonville, please go to www.makeascenedowntown.com.
For information regarding the 2012 Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl celebrations, please visit www.gatorbowl.com.
For information on the Vystar 5K Gator Bowl Run, please go to www.1stplacesports.com/gb.html.
The mission of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office is to protect the lives and property of the citizens of this community, to preserve the peace and to prevent crime and disorder while constantly guarding personal liberties as prescribed by law. For more information visit: www.jaxsheriff.org