Welcome to Jacksonville!
The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office is committed to providing the most current public safety and traffic information for the 2017 Florida-Georgia weekend festivities.
JSO coordinates with the City of Jacksonville, the University of Florida, and the University of Georgia to provide the information fans need to make the most of the weekend.
Live Game Day Information and Traffic Updates
Attendees are encouraged to follow JSO's live information and traffic tweets at www.twitter.com/JSOPIO #UGAvsUF You do not need a Twitter account to access these live updates.
Please click on the video below to watch the news conference held on Tuesday, October 24, 2017:
Please click below to access the following information:
For residents who live or work downtown:
- There will be no parking on the south side of Bay Street from Ocean Street to Liberty Street starting on Friday, Oct. 27 at 6 a.m. throughout Saturday, Oct. 28.
- Be aware of the extra traffic and delays around EverBank Field and The Jacksonville Landing as guests arrive.
Road Closures from Thursday, Oct. 26, 2017 thru Sunday, Oct. 29, 2017:
ALL BRIDGES are scheduled to be open during Florida-Georgia weekend.
- Hogan Street from Water Street to the St. Johns River will be closed Thursday, Oct. 26, from 8 a.m. thru 11 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 29. (This closure is near The Jacksonville Landing)
- Pearl Street from Water Street to the St. Johns River will be closed Thursday, Oct. 26, from 8 a.m. thru 11 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 29. (This closure is near The Jacksonville Landing)
**NOTE**: The Florida Department of Transportation recently completed a traffic shift on Interstate 95 northbound. I-95 northbound traffic from south of San Diego Road to north of San Marco Boulevard now divides into a dedicated access road to downtown on the right, with I-95 northbound through-traffic on the left.
Motorists traveling towards downtown should be alert and observe signage to make a decision early – whether they want to travel downtown or remain on I-95 toward the Fuller Warren Bridge and well as the I10/I-95 Interchange. (posted Oct. 25, 2017)
Message boards will be placed throughout the entertainment footprint displaying parking information during the event weekend. Please refer to the message boards for specific instructions on parking, not your navigation system.
On Saturday, Oct. 28 at 9 a.m. the lane indicators will shift to pre-game pattern of three eastbound lanes and one westbound lane on Bay Street from Ocean Street to the sports complex area.
- Santana Concert – Tuesday, Oct. 24 at 7:00 p.m. at Daily’s Place
- Kings of Leon Concert – Wednesday, Oct. 25 at 7:00 p.m. at Daily’s Place
- MercyMe Concert – Thursday, Oct. 26 at 7:00 p.m. at Times-Union Center for Performing Arts
- Jacksonville Icemen vs. Atlanta Gladiators Hockey Game - Thursday, Oct, 26 at 7:30 p.m. at Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena
- Brand New Concert – Friday, Oct. 27 at 7:00 p.m. at Daily’s Place
- All public parking lots in the Sports Complex area will be open for concert and event goers.
- Attendees are reminded to bring cash for parking.
- For more information on events please go to: https://flgajax.com/events/.
For all specials event programming at The Jacksonville Landing, please visit their website, https://flgajax.com/events/.
Gates open at 1:30 p.m. / Game starts at 3:30 p.m.
The safety of all game day participants is the utmost concern of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. To this end, JSO would like to stress the following safety measures.
- Inbound Traffic Map* / Outbound Traffic Map*
- PEOPLE DRIVING TO THE GAME SHOULD PLAN ON BEING PARKED AT LEAST FIVE HOURS BEFORE KICKOFF!
- The stadium gates open at 1:30 p.m. After 1:30 p.m. the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office focus will shift to pedestrian traffic; vehicle traffic to the stadium should expect delays.
- Please have parking passes visible so officers can assist you in getting to your designated parking lot.
- Fans should be familiar with their parking location before game day. Florida vs. Georgia Parking Map
- People without parking passes should use the JTA shuttles or make private parking arrangements in advance of game week. For information about JTA’s Gameday Xpress please visit www.jtafla.com/schedules/gameday-xpress
- Pre-game taxi drop off is located on Georgia Street.
- Taxi pick-up is located at the north end of the stadium, near Gate 3.
- All vehicles for hire using the Taxi pick-up area must display a current city issued medallion. For more information please visit http://www.coj.net/departments/finance/fleet-management/motor-vehicle-inspections.
- Remember to bring cash to pay for parking in private lots.
- Take a picture of where you park and landmarks near where you park to make it easier to locate your spot at night post game. Make sure you can contact the lot owner in case there are any issues.
- Please refer to the message boards for specific instructions on parking, not your navigation system.
- Only purchase a game ticket from a reputable seller. ANY COUNTERFEIT TICKET HOLDERS will be turned away at the gate.
- If you need any help or to charge your phone, go to one of the Sideline Safety Zones.
- Underage drinking is prohibited and laws will be enforced.
- Stay with your friends, stay in a group.
- Avoid counterfeit tickets. Anyone with a counterfeit ticket will not be allowed into the stadium.
- Drivers, pedestrians and cyclists…BE ALERT and follow the rules of the road. For traffic safety tips please click here to visit JSO’s Alert Today Alive Tomorrow page.
- Above all else, USE COMMON SENSE throughout the weekend.
- If you see something suspicious, say something. Alert an officer, call 911 (TTY Services Available), or call the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office non-emergency number at (904) 630-0500.
2017 Sideline Safety Zone Information
The Sideline Safety Zones
will be clearly marked and will be staffed by volunteers from each university as well as the City of Jacksonville. Services include directions, first aid, medical support, cell phone charges, telephone service, water, coffee, snacks, maps and other information. The student safety hotline (904) 630-SAFE (7233) will be available during the hours of operation. For more information please click here
Locations & Hours of Operations:
Florida-Georgia Welcome Center (Lot K next to Metropolitan Park)
Friday, Oct. 27, 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 28, 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Inside The Jacksonville Landing (2 W. Independent Drive)
Friday, Oct. 27, 8 p.m. - 2 a.m.
Saturday, Oct. 28, Noon - 2 a.m.
Outside The Jacksonville Landing (On Independent Drive near Laura Street)
Friday, Oct. 27, 6 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.
Saturday, Oct. 28, Noon - 2:00 a.m.
EverBank Field Stadium Bus Loop
Saturday, Oct. 28, Noon - 9 p.m.
Corner of Georgia and Adams Streets
Saturday, Oct. 28, Noon - 9 p.m.
RV City (Lot E across from EverBank Field)
Friday, Oct. 27, 6 p.m. - 2 a.m.
Saturday, Oct. 28, Noon - 10 p.m.
- Fans are permitted to carry a hand-sized clutch bag, one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag, or clear bag no larger than 12 x 6 x 12 inches.
You cannot check items at the gates or in the stadium. Fans will be asked by stadium staff to either take prohibited items back to their vehicle or dispose of prohibited items at the entrance of the stadium. EverBank Field is NOT responsible for items left behind, lost, stolen or damaged. Possession of prohibited items is grounds for ejection from the stadium and game tickets will be forfeited.
- No cameras with lenses longer than six inches.
- No coolers or containers including cans, cups and bottles.
- No strollers or umbrellas.
- No pets (except service animals).
- No food or beverage from outside the stadium.
- No seat cushion.
- No video or audio recorders.
- No whistles, noisemakers, air horns or laser pointers.
- No poles or sticks, including selfie sticks.
- No knives, guns or any type of weapons or explosives.
- No smoking (except in designated areas).
- No promotional items or any other items deemed unacceptable by stadium management.
- No Re-Entry.
The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office in conjunction with the Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco (ABT) will be enforcing laws regarding public intoxication, underage drinking and retail sales to minors.
Instead of driving downtown there are several great alternatives that will get you to the Sports Complex area well before kickoff. Additional transportation information is available at https://flgajax.com/transportation/.
The JTA Shuttle is an excellent way to get to and from the game. It is available from several locations. Game-Day (Oct. 28) services will begin at 12:30 p.m. to one hour post-game.
For the fare structure, locations and operating hours please visit: http://flgajax.com/transportation
The Skyway is FREE.
Hours of Operation:
- Thursday, Oct. 26, 6 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 27, 6 a.m. – 1 a.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 28, 9 a.m. – midnight
- Rosa L. Parks Transit Station (Hogan and State Streets)
- Hemming Plaza (Monroe and Hogan Streets)
- Central (Bay and Pearl Streets)
- San Marco (San Marco Boulevard and Mary Street)
- Riverplace (Flagler Avenue)
- Kings Avenue (Prudential Drive and Kings Avenue)
For more information please contact: JTA Customer Information at (904) 630-3100 or TDD (904) 630-3191 OR visit: www.jtafla.com
The JTA Skyway, Trolleys and Stadium Shuttle buses are wheelchair accessible.
Jacksonville Water Taxi
For the fare structure, locations and operating hours please visit: www.flgajax.com/transportation
For additional traffic information and live traffic updates - Follow the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office on Twitter @JSOPIO
Whether you are a resident of Jacksonville or an out of town visitor, please enjoy Jacksonville, the Florida-Georgia Football events, and all of the exciting venues Jacksonville has to offer.
*Reading the PDF document(s) on this page requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader available free from Adobe.