Evenings and Weekends, Sept. 27, 2011 - Summer 2014
The Florida Department of Transportation
has contracted with Intech Contracting, LLC to repaint the Mathews Bridge. Bridge maintenance activities will also include repairs to the structural steel on the bridge. Please click here to review the FDOT’s News Release
*Reading the PDF document(s) on this page requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader available free from Adobe.
Per the Florida Department of Transportation there are no closures scheduled for the remainder of this project.
*Schedule subject to change.
Keep checking this web page for updates or changes to the schedule.
Travelers driving into or out of downtown Jacksonville who would normally use the Mathews Bridge, should use the Hart Bridge during the scheduled road closures.
Special Events Occurring In Downtown Jacksonville
No construction work shall be performed during the events listed below unless approved by the Florida Department of Transportation. The JSO will provide information related to the bridge's opening and closing for each of these events.
The Mathews Bridge is scheduled to open for:
- Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam
- Florida/Georgia Football Game
- Gate River Run
- Gator Bowl
- Greater Jacksonville Agricultural Fair
- Greater Jacksonville Kingfish Tournament (Monday through Friday)
- Jacksonville Jaguars Home Football Games
- Monster Energy AMA Supercross
- Opening Weekend at the Jacksonville Beaches
- The Players Championship
The Mathews Bridge is scheduled to remain closed for the following events.
- Jacksonville Suns Home Games
- Concerts held at the Veterans Memorial Arena
- Times Union Center and other venues
Maritime traffic will not be impeded, but extra caution should be taken by boaters because the area is a construction zone.
For more information about the Mathews Bridge project, please contact Mike Goldman at (904) 360-5457.