The City of Jacksonville's Social Services Division provides comprehensive case management, referral and victim advocacy services to victims of crimes. The services are intended to help reduce the trauma associated with crime victimization and to facilitate crisis stabilization and recovery. All services are available to victims of crime and their significant others.
Providing comprehensive services and programs for victims of crime since 1986.
All services are confidential. Call (940) 630-6300.
Trained specialists assist crime victims in the aftermath of crime in the following areas:
- Crisis and needs assessments
- Application assistance and follow-up with Florida Victim Compensation
- Information and referral
- Court accompaniment and criminal justice support
- Elderly/disabled mobile outreach services
- Sexual Assault program - 24-hour hotline service (904) 358-RAPE (7273); Forensic exams for Duval, Baker and Nassau counties; Anonymous HIV/AIDS testing for victims of sexual assault and Follow-up services
- On-scene homicide crisis intervention with Jacksonville Sheriff's Office victim advocate and/or upon request
- Critical Incident Stress Management (Response) Team
- Community education and training
- Crime prevention tips and presentations upon request
- Victims' Rights information and advocacy
The Victim Services Center works closely with the Mayor's Victims' Assistance Advisory Council (VAAC) and the Sexual Assault Advisory Council (SAAC) to ensure close collaboration with community agencies and service providers, as well as to improve the rights of crime victims.
To learn more about the various services and programs, please click on the links provided on the left.
Victim Services Center
403 West 10th St.
Jacksonville, FL 32206
Phone: (904) 630-6300
Fax: (904) 630-0770
24 Hour Sexual Assault Hotline: (904) 358-RAPE (7273)
Rebecca Jerido, Program Manager
Social Services Division