Services for Victims of Sexual Assault
The Social Services Division provides a comprehensive array of services for victims of sexual assault. The services are free to all adult and adolescent victims of crime and their significant others, and are provided at the Sexual Assault Response Center (SARC)
, located in the Victim Services Center Building, 403 W 10th St., Jacksonville, FL 32206. Entrance is located in the rear of the building on the parking lot side.
The following specialized services are provided:
- 24-Hour Hotline (358-RAPE, or 358-7273)
- 24-Hour Sexual Assault Response Team
- Medical/Forensic Examinations must be within 72 hours of the assault
- Anonymous HIV/AIDS Testing and Counseling
- Individual Therapy/Counseling
- Counseling to deal with the emotional pain and trauma
- Advocacy and support for safety, medical, emotional, and economic issues
- Prevention and Education Programs
The Sexual Assault Response Team performs all examinations. The team consists of a Medical Director, Sexual Assault Advocates, Medical Counselors and Sexual Assault Examiners. Sexual Assault Examiners are trained in forensic evidence collection, victim sensitivity and expert witness testimony. A Nurse Practitioner also provides medical follow up services at a weekly clinic. The Medical Director is a licensed MD and provides overall supervision to the medical staff.
The Sexual Assault Response Center (SARC)
403 W. 10th St.
Jacksonville, FL 32206
(904) 630-6330 or (904) 358-RAPE / FAX (904) 357-8069