Skip to global navigation
Skip to sub-navigation
Skip to search
Skip to page heading
Skip to breadcrumb
Skip to main content
Skip to footer
Top of Page
Skip to all departments
Apply / Register
File / Report
File a Complaint (630-CITY)
Service Requests (630-CITY)
Legislative Bill Search
Parks & Amenities
Offices / Departments
Link to All Departments Page
Meet Mayor Brown
Executive Department Gift Disclosure Registry
Community Wealth Building
Port Task Force
Business Tool Kit
Training and Educational Opportunities
City of Jacksonville
Small Business Services
Mayor's Trailblazers Awards
Young Leaders Advisory Council
Young Leaders Advisory Council Updates
City of Jacksonville,
Jacksonville Sheriff's Office
City of Jacksonville
Business Tool Kit
On this page, you can find a list of federal, state and local government agencies and resources than can help you and your business succeed.
Small Business Administration
- Since its founding on July 30, 1953, the U.S. Small Business Administration has delivered millions of loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions and other forms of assistance to small businesses.
Self-Employment Assistance Center
Office of Economic Development (OED)
- The mission of the OED is to develop and execute policies that result in sustainable job growth, rising personal incomes and a broader tax base throughout Northeast Florida.
Business Publications and References
- Find publications and resources for your business from the Department of Labor, Better Business Bureau, Census Bureau and more.
Starting a Business in Florida
- This link leads to a list of resources from the State of Florida that help businesses get started.
Florida Small Business Development Center Network
- State designated as Florida's Principal Provider of Business Assistance, the Florida SBDC Network has over 35 years of experience helping businesses start, grow and succeed.
- The Jacksonville Chapter of SCORE has about 50 men and women dedicated to assisting small business.
Doing Business With the State
- A list of resources provided by the State of Florida to assist business in providing goods or services to state government.
IRS Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center
- The online source for small business and self-employed tax information from the Internal Revenue Service.
U.S. Department of Commerce
- Aids businesses by providing current information on economic indicators within the market. Local services of the Department of Commerce are the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration, National Weather Service, and International Trade Administration.
U.S. Government Printing Office
- The core mission of the U.S. Government Printing Office is to make information regarding the work of the three branches of Government available to all Americans. The GPO provides publishing and dissemination services for the official and authentic government publications to Congress, Federal agencies, Federal depository libraries, and the American public.
- operated by the Federal Citizen Information Center (FCIC), U.S. General Services Administration. It serves as a central source of information about federal government publications helpful to citizens.
U.S. Census Bureau American FactFinder
- Provides essential information regarding market research and other demographic data for starting a business.
U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Oversees a number of programs designed to help small businesses create jobs in local communities across the United States, including the newly created Small Business Lending Fund and State Small Business Credit Initiative.
Environmental Protection Agency
- An agency of the United States government charged with protecting human health and the environment through regulations.
U.S. Department of Labor
- The Deparment of Labor aims to foster, promote, and develop the welfare of the wage earners, job seekers, and retirees of the United States; improve working conditions; advance opportunities for profitable employment; and assure work-related benefits and rights.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Links to OSHA's Small Business resources page. OSHA is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor.
- a platform for you to access services you may need to grow your firm and succeed: technical assistance to start a business, access to financing, assistance in exporting and more.
Jacksonville Public Library
- a list of resources for businesses available online and in the library's collection.
Florida Get Your Business Online
- Google and the state of Florida have teamed up to offer free websites to small businesses in Florida. The partnership will help drive economic growth by giving Florida companies the tools and resources to establish a website, find new customers and grow, a
written statement from Gov.
’s office said.
Federal Business Opportunities
- Search active Federal Opportunities at this website.
Florida Department of Financial Services
- Information and help for industry professionals and organizations regulated, managed, or licensed by the Department.