Hurricane Irma Clean-Up
October 21, 2017
7 a.m. – 9 a.m.
8 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Beach Boulevard - At the ocean
9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Arlington Lions Club Park - 4322 Richard D. Gatlin Rd.
- Riverview Community Center & Park - 9620 Water St.
10 a.m. – noon
- Betz-Tiger Point Preserve - 13990 Pumpkin Hill Rd.
- Boone Park - 3700 Park St.
- Dutton Island Preserve - 793 Dutton Island Rd. (Meet at the trailhead on north side of road before the causeway; not on the actual island.)
- Exchange Club Island - Must provide your own kayak, canoe or boat. Meet site captain by the new dock at SE corner of the island at 9 a.m. Closest public launch is at Arlington Road Boat Ramp
- Huguenot Memorial Park - 10980 Heckscher Dr.
- Jim King Park and Boat Ramp at Sisters Creek - 8203 Heckscher Dr.
- Joe Carlucci Sisters Creek Boat Ramp - 8414 McKenna Dr.
- Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park - 500 Wonderwood Dr.
- Mandarin Park - 14780 Mandarin Rd.
- Northbank Riverwalk - Hogan Street at St. Johns River
- Reddie Point Preserve - 4499 Yachtsman Way
- Ringhaver Park - 5198 118th Street
- Victory Park - 3781 University Club Blvd.
- Walter Jones Historic Park - 11964 Mandarin Rd.
- Woodstock Park - 2839 Beaver St.
(Note: Site locations and times subject to change.)
- Hogan’s Creek at John N. McPherson Park - 526 West 8th St. (Meet in large parking lot south of park on Boulevard St.)
- Hollybrook Park - Meet at Mixon Studios: 2385 Corbett St.
Volunteers needed to help clean up hurricane debris in our parks.
Site captains will register volunteers and provide bags and latex gloves at the cleanup locations.
Please bring work gloves and rakes, if possible.
Pre-registration is not required.
Participants must be over 18 or accompanied by an adult.
Service hour certificates will be provided for students.
This effort is being organized by Keep Jacksonville Beautiful.
- Wear sturdy, closed-toe footwear.
- Wear sun protection and bring water.
- Be alert for slippery wet surfaces.
- Do not climb on rocks or get into water.
- Avoid overexertion and drink plenty of fluids.
- Wear safety vests or bright colors along roadsides.
- Do not handle or remove hazardous items or substances.
- Wear gloves.
- Call 911 for emergencies.