5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. (If attending virtually, please join the meeting by 4:45 P.M.)
Pursuant to Council Rule 2.105, the Honorable Tommy Hazouri, President of the Jacksonville City Council hereby calls a Hybrid Virtual/In- Person Zoom Meeting of the Committee as a the Whole to discuss Ordinance 2020-648 pertaining to the Lot J Development. A quorum of the Council Members (14) will need to be present in-person but other members may attend utilizing Communications Media Technology (CMT). Council Members should familiarize themselves with the legislation, make plans to attend the meeting, and be prepared to ask any questions they may have.
The meeting noticed herein can be accessed virtually through the Zoom.US- computer application or in-person at Council Chambers. The meeting will be held on Thursday, November 19th, 2020, beginning at 5:00 P.M. and ending at or before 8:00 P.M.
Council Members, City staff and the public may attend the meeting at the physical location- Council Chambers, but CDC guidelines will be adhered to due to COVID-19. A mandatory mask requirement is in place for all public buildings pursuant to the COJ Emergency Executive Proclamation 2020-005, as extended.
The Council has scheduled a limited time for public comments on Ordinance 2020-648 during the noticed meeting. The Council will allow for the public to provide their comments in person (access is limited in Council Chambers due to CDC social distancing guidelines) or by participation in Communications Media Technology (“CMT”) (i.e., Zoom). The Council will allow up to
three minutes for each speaker, but in an effort to accommodate the most number of speakers for public comment, each speaker’s time may be limited (equally) to is less than three minutes. Those attending the meeting in person must submit a Blue Speaker’s Card prior to 7:00 p.m. on November 19 so that Legislative Services staff can organize the cards for the public comment period. Those attending the meeting by CMT who wish to speak during the public comment period must register in advance by 6:00 p.m. on November 19 by logging in to the meeting and adding the bill number in addition to the person’s name (e.g., John Smith, Ord. 2020-648) to provide staff sufficient time to organize the cards and the online speakers. Public comments will be taken in order of receipt of Blue Speaker’s Cards and online registration so that the Council can hold an efficient meeting and conduct its business. The public may also provide comments by electronic mail to email@example.com
or by other written comment submitted to the Legislative Services Division, but written comments and emails will not be read into the record at the meetings.
WAYS FOR THE PUBLIC TO ACCESS THE MEETING:
Meeting ID: 928 0592 8205 Password: 750085.
- Sign up for Zoom. Type - Zoom.US – with Chrome Internet Browser. Go to: JOIN A MEETING On Dash Board Information regarding the Zoom meeting ID and meeting password is listed below:
(You can LISTEN
to the meeting and VIEW
the meeting this way.
2. Watch it on your computer. Streaming site (or COJ streaming site):
3. Joining a Zoom Meeting by phone:
Dial: 1 312 626 6799 - Meeting ID: 928 0592 8205 Password: 750085
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/adbUEs2ORU
4. Attend the meeting in person at City Council Chambers, City Hall, 117 W. Duval Street, Jacksonville, Florida 32202. Note that limited capacity seating is available in Council Chambers due to CDC social distancing requirements.
INSTRUCTIONS: JOINING A MEETING BY DIAL-IN PHONE ONLY
1. Dial numbers provided above. If you dial a toll number, your carrier rates will apply.
2. You will be prompted to enter the meeting ID
– the Meeting ID: 928 0592 8205 Password: 750085
3. If the meeting has not already started and join before host
is not enabled, you will be prompted to press #
to wait if you are participant.
4. You will be prompted to enter your unique participant ID. This only applies if you have joined on the computer or mobile device or are a panelist in a webinar. Press # to skip.
If you join by computer or mobile device later, you can enter the Participant ID to bind your phone and device session together and show your video when you speak on the phone. To enter your participant ID once you are in the meeting, enter #Participant ID#
on your phone.
PHONE CONTROLS FOR DIAL-IN PHONE ONLY PARTICIPANTS
The following commands can be entered via phone tones using your phone's dial pad while in a Zoom meeting:
- Toggle mute/unmute (While this is a function that is available the mute and unmute function will be controlled by the Host not the participant. To speak, the participant must use the *9 function to be recognized.)
- Raise hand (Electronic Zoom feature that “Must” be used to be recognized by the Chairman to Speak)
- Refer to: City of Jacksonville Citizen Guide to Council Meetings (Attached)
- Legal Name must appear on Zoom to be recognized by the Chair;
- DO NOT state your residence- address as this is not required in this forum – only state
County and Zip Code
- Timeframe set by Chairman – No more than 3 minutes per speaker.
- Phone in participate will be informed of remaining time.
- Chairman will “ONLY” recognize or call on speakers using the ELECTRONIC “RAISE HAND” feature located within the Zoom App *9 … wait to be recognized. (Must have a Microphone and Speakers on phone to participate with the function.)
4. Look at the digital recording of the meeting later on this website under available archives- City Council click
It is important that you use one of the above remote ways to access the meeting; the Mayor has imposed rules on social distancing because of the COVID-19 Virus. If you have any problems or questions about gaining access to the meeting, please call 904 255 5193 Leave your name number and brief message
WAYS FOR THE PUBLIC TO MAKE COMMENTS AT THE MEETING:
WAYS FOR THE PUBLIC TO PARTICIPATE IN LEGALLY REQUIRED PUBLIC HEARINGS OR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION THROUGH ZOOM VIRTUALLY
- You can email your comments to: CCMEETING11242020@COJ.NET
- For some meetings, you will be able to call in to make a comment on the phone or make a comment in person. Many meetings, especially informational ones, may not have public comment or public hearings. It is the discretion of the Committee Chair to allow public comment at Committee meetings.
1. Refer to: City of Jacksonville Citizen Guide to Council Meetings (Attached)
2. Legal Name must appear on Zoom to be recognized by the Chair;
3. DO NOT
state your residence- address as this is not required in this forum – only state
County and Zip Code
4. Timeframe set by Chairman – No more than 3 minutes per speaker.
5. The Timer will be viewable. Must be in “Gallery View” to see countdown; Sort those in
meeting by going to “Participant” and typing in Timer.
6. Chairman will “ONLY”
call on speakers using the ELECTRONIC “RAISE HAND”
located within the Zoom App. This feature is found- Click on “Participants” scroll to the bottom
click on “Raise Hand”… wait to be recognized. (Must have a Microphone, Video, and Speakers
to participate with the function.)
ADA and TDD ASSISTANCE
Pursuant to the American with Disabilities Act, accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request. Please allow 1-2 business days’ notification to process; last minute requests will be accepted, but may not be possible to fulfill. Please contact Disabled Services Division at: V- 904-255-5466, TTY-904-255-5476, or email your request to KaraT@coj.net
All legislative inquires contact Jessica Matthews, Chief of Legislative Services at 904 255 5169 or JMatthews@coj.net
. Please contact Dr. Cheryl L Brown, Director/Council Secretary at CLBrown@coj.net
904 255 5193 or refer to the information provided with the notice for specific contact information and/or details.