9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (If attending virtually, please join the meeting by 8:45 A.M.)
Pursuant to Council Rule 2.105, the Honorable Tommy Hazouri, President of the Jacksonville City Council hereby calls a Hybrid Virtual/In-Person Committee of the Whole Meeting for Thursday, April 29, 2021, 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM, in the Council Chambers located in City Hall, First Floor, 117 W. Duval Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202. The purpose of the Noticed Hybrid Virtual In-Person Meeting to provide a forum to discuss Ordinance 2021-0223 (Local Option Gas Tax) and Ordinance 2021-0235 (Septic Tanks).
A quorum of the Council Members (14) will need to be present in-person, but other members may attend utilizing Communications Media Technology (CMT). Council Members should familiarize themselves with the legislation, make plans to attend the meeting, and be prepared to ask any questions they may have.
The meeting noticed herein can be accessed virtually through the Zoom.US- computer application or in-person at Council Chambers. The meeting will be held on Thursday, April 29, 2021, 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM.
Council Members, City staff, and the public may attend the meeting at the physical location- Council Chambers, but CDC guidelines will be adhered to due to COVID-19. Concurrent with the expiration of Mayor Curry's Emergency Executive Proclamation 2020-005, any member of the public entering City-owned public buildings may choose to wear a mask inside the building. Council will encourage social distancing by maintaining the recommended 6-foot separation between individuals and will limit seating in Council Chambers, Council conference rooms, and offices to maintain social distancing. Council strongly encourages the use of masks for all employees and visitors, especially when social distancing at 6 feet (or more) is not possible. Council will make masks available for visitors and the public.
The public will be encouraged to share general comments by email or telephone at CCMeeting05112021@coj.net
WAYS FOR THE PUBLIC TO ACCESS THE MEETING:
- Sign up for Zoom. Type - Zoom.US – with Chrome Internet Browser.
- Go to: "Join A Meeting" on Dashboard
- Enter the Meeting ID: 916 7597 4578 Passcode: 785186
- Watch meeting via Stream Source on computer. Streaming site (or COJ streaming site): https://www.coj.net/city-council/city-council-meetings-online
- Join Zoom Meeting by Phone:
- Dial - 1 (301) 715-8592 or find a local number: https://zoom.us/u/acgmEl2oI
- Enter the Meeting ID: 916 7597 4578 Passcode: 785186
- Watch meeting on Comcast Channel 99.
WAYS FOR THE PUBLIC TO PARTICIPATE IN LEGALLY REQUIRED PUBLIC HEARINGS OR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION ZOOM MEETING
- Watch the digital recording later via the City Council website.
- Click link: https://www.coj.net/city-council/city-council-meetings-online
- Go to "Available Archives" and click "City Council."
JOINING A MEETING BY DIAL-IN PHONE ONLY
- Legal name must appear on Zoom to be recognized by the Chair.
- DO NOT state your residence address in this forum – only state, County, and Zip Code.
- Chairman will set the timeframe for speakers. (No more than 3 minutes per speaker.)
- The Timer will be viewable. Must be in "Gallery View" to see countdown; Sort names in meeting by going to "Participants" and typing in Timer.
- Chairman will "ONLY" call on speakers using the ELECTRONIC "RAISE HAND" feature located within the Zoom App. Click on "Participants," scroll to the bottom, click on "Raise Hand," and wait to be recognized. NOTE: You MUST have a microphone, video, and speakers to participate in the meeting.
- Dial the phone number listed above. If you dial a toll number, carrier rates may apply.
- You will be prompted to enter the Meeting ID and Passcode:
- Meeting ID: 916 7597 4578 Passcode: 785186
- If the meeting has not already started and "Join before host" is not enabled, you will be prompted to press # to wait if you are a participant.
- You will be prompted to enter your unique Participant ID. This only applies if you have joined on the computer or mobile device or are a panelist in a webinar. Press # to skip.
- If you join by computer or mobile device later, you can enter the Participant ID to bind your phone and device session together and show your video when you speak on the phone.
- To enter your Participant ID, enter #Participant ID# on your phone once you are in the meeting.
- The following commands can be entered via phone tones using your phone's dial pad while in a Zoom meeting:
- *6 - Toggle mute/unmute (While this is a function that is available, the mute and unmute function will be controlled by the Host, not the participant. To speak, the participant must use the *9 function; to be recognized.)
- *9 - Raise hand (Electronic Zoom feature that "Must" be used to be recognized by the Chairman to Speak)
City Council continues to adhere to CDC guidelines due to COVID-19. Therefore, it is important to utilize one of the above remote ways to access the meeting if you cannot attend. If you have any problems or questions about gaining access to the meeting, please call (904) 255-5193, leave your name, number, and a brief message.
WAYS FOR THE PUBLIC TO MAKE COMMENTS AT THE MEETING:
ADA and TDD ASSISTANCE
- You can email your comments to CCMeeting05112021@coj.net
- For some meetings, you will be able to call in to comment on the phone. Many meetings, especially informational ones, may not have public comment.
Pursuant to the American with Disabilities Act, accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request. Please allow 1-2 business days' notification to process; last-minute requests will be accepted but may not be possible to fulfill. Please contact Disabled Services Division at: V (904) 255-5466, TTY (904) 255-5476, or email your request to KaraT@coj.net
Please contact direct all legislative inquires to Jessica Matthews, Chief of Legislative Services at (904) 255-5169 or JMatthews@coj.net
. Please contact Dr. Cheryl L Brown, Director/Council Secretary at CLBrown@coj.net
(904) 255-5193 or refer to the information provided within the notice for specific inquiries, information and/or details.