6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. (Please join the meeting by 6:20 pm)
Notice is hereby given that the Honorable Michael Boylan, District 6 Council Member, Chairperson, schedules a ZOOM VIRTUAL DISTRICT 6 TOWN HALL MEETING for Thursday, April 15, 2021, 6:30 P.M. – 8:00 P.M. - No Location, Jacksonville, Florida. The purpose of the Zoom Virtual Meeting is to provide a forum to continue ongoing discussions of District 6 and update constituents on other matters pertaining hereto.
Members of the Jacksonville City Council, and other elected or appointed members of Boards and Commission, and other interested parties are invited to attend.
The Zoom Virtual Meeting will be Thursday, April 15, 2021, 6:30 P.M. – 8:00 P.M. and will be hosted virtually through the Zoom.US- computer application app with no location.
Council Members, City staff, and the public may attend the meeting via Zoom.US- a computer application app. The public will be encouraged to share general comments with individual Council Members by email or telephone. CCMeeting03232021@coj.net is the designated email for comments to be including as a part of this meeting.
WAYS FOR THE PUBLIC TO ACCESS THE MEETING:
Meeting ID: 921 9252 5415 Passcode: 616468
- Sign up for Zoom. Type - Zoom.US – with Chrome Internet Browser. Go to: JOIN A MEETING On Dash Board Information regarding the Zoom meeting ID and meeting password is listed below:
(You can LISTEN
to the meeting and VIEW
the meeting this way.
ALL PARTICPANTS WHO WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN LEGALLY REQUIRED PUBLIC PARTICIPATION MUST LOG IN WITH (It would be helpful to identify bill to be addressed)
Full Name – IE: Cheryl L. Brown 2020-0200
- Watch it on your computer. Streaming site (or COJ streaming site):
Dial: 1 646 568 7788 - Meeting ID: 921 9252 5415 Passcode: 616468
- Joining a Zoom Meeting by phone:
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/anOtocKqP
WAYS FOR THE PUBLIC TO PARTICIPATE IN LEGALLY REQUIRED PUBLIC HEARINGS OR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION ZOOM MEETING
1. Refer to: City of Jacksonville Citizen Guide to Council Meetings (Attached)
2. Legal Name must appear on Zoom to be recognized by the Chair;
3. DO NOT
state your residence- address as this is not required in this forum – only state
County and Zip Code
4. Timeframe set by Chairman – No more than 3 minutes per speaker.
5. The Timer will be viewable. Must be in “Gallery View” to see countdown; Sort those in
meeting by going to “Participant” and typing in Timer.
6. Chairman will “ONLY”
call on speakers using the ELECTRONIC “RAISE HAND”
located within the Zoom App. This feature is found- Click on “Participants” scroll to the bottom
click on “Raise Hand”… wait to be recognized. (Must have a Microphone, Video, and Speakers
to participate with the function.)
INSTRUCTIONS: JOINING A MEETING BY DIAL-IN PHONE ONLY
- Dial numbers provided above. If you dial a toll number, your carrier rates will apply.
- You will be prompted to enter the meeting ID – the Meeting ID: 921 9252 5415 Passcode: 616468
- If the meeting has not already started and join before host is not enabled, you will be prompted to press # to wait if you are participant.
- You will be prompted to enter your unique participant ID. This only applies if you have joined on the computer or mobile device or are a panelist in a webinar. Press # to skip.
If you join by computer or mobile device later, you can enter the Participant ID to bind your phone and device session together and show your video when you speak on the phone. To enter your participant ID once you are in the meeting, enter #Participant ID#
on your phone.
PHONE CONTROLS FOR DIAL-IN PHONE ONLY PARTICIPANTS
The following commands can be entered via phone tones using your phone's dial pad while in a Zoom meeting:
ADA and TDD ASSISTANCE
- *6 - Toggle mute/unmute (While this is a function that is available the mute and unmute function will be controlled by the Host not the participant. To speak, the participant must use the *9 function to be recognized.)
- *9 - Raise hand (Electronic Zoom feature that “Must” be used to be recognized by the Chairman to Speak)
- Refer to: City of Jacksonville Citizen Guide to Council Meetings (Attached)
- Legal Name must appear on Zoom to be recognized by the Chair;
- DO NOT state your residence- address as this is not required in this forum – only state, County and Zip Code
- Timeframe set by Chairman – No more than 3 minutes per speaker.
- Phone in participate will be informed of remaining time.
- Chairman will “ONLY” recognize or call on speakers using the ELECTRONIC “RAISE HAND” feature located within the Zoom App *9 … wait to be recognized. (Must have a Microphone and Speakers on phone to participate with the function.)
Pursuant to the American with Disabilities Act, accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request. Please allow 1-2 business days’ notification to process; last minute requests will be accepted, but may not be possible to fulfill. Please contact Disabled Services Division at: V- 904-255-5466, TTY-904-255-5476, or email your request to KaraT@coj.net
All legislative inquires contact Jessica Matthews, Chief of Legislative Services at 904 255 5169 or JMatthews@coj.net
. Please contact Dr. Cheryl L Brown, Director/Council Secretary at CLBrown@coj.net
904 255 5193 or refer to the information provided with the notice for specific contact information and/or details.
Please refer to the Jacksonville City Council Webpage at https://www.coj.net/city-council/events
for future meeting notices, cancellations and other notifications.
For general meeting information please contact Sonia Johnson, SoniaJ@coj.net
Dr. Cheryl L Brown, Director/Council Secretary, at CLBrown@coj.net
or Jessica Matthews, Chief of Legislative Services, at JMatthews@coj.net