11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (Please join the meeting by 11:20 A.M.)
Notice is hereby given that the Honorable Joyce Morgan, Subcommittee Co-Chairperson, in conjunction with the Honorable Michael Boylan, Subcommittee Co-Chairperson, hereby schedules a ZOOM VIRTUAL NOTICED MEETING FOR MEMBERS of the SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON RESILIENCY’S: SUBCOMMITTEE ON EDUCATION PROTECTION OF LOCAL NEIGHBORHOODS AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH on Thursday, January 14, 2021, 11:30 A.M. – 1:00 P.M., - NO MEETING LOCATION, Jacksonville, Florida, to discuss organizational timelines, set assignments subcommittees and to follow the charge as provided below and topics thereto pertaining:
Education, Protection of Local Neighborhoods, and Community Outreach – This group would focus its attention on ways where the City of Jacksonville can better inform its citizens. Ideas for community engagement will be discussed. An online location of the information: a one-stop-shop for all information related to Resiliency, should be created. This would also include links to other websites where the science and policy documents are housed. Opportunities for education will be thought out. The needs of vulnerable populations will also be addressed here.
Members of the Jacksonville City Council, other elected or appointed members of Boards and Commission, and the public are invited to attend. The meeting noticed herein is offered virtually through the Zoom.US- computer application – NO LOCATION is scheduled for Thursday, January 14, 2021, 11:30 A.M. – 1:00 P.M., - NO MEETING LOCATION, Jacksonville, Florida. The member-to-member meeting will be held to discuss topics related the charge of the Committee and any other items noted on the meeting’s agenda or at the discretion of the Chair but is NOT a meeting of the Special Committee but rather a noticed meeting of its members, and no physical quorum will be present and no action will be taken at the meeting.
The public will be encouraged to share general comments with individual council members by email or telephone. Public hearings and public participation are required by state statute for specific legislation. We will conduct these hearings as required by state law. CCMeeting01262021@coj.net
is the designated email for general comments to be including as a part of this meeting.
WAYS FOR THE PUBLIC TO ACCESS THE MEETING:
Meeting ID: 915 0811 8953 Passcode: 634753
- Sign up for Zoom. Type - Zoom.US – with Chrome Internet Browser. Go to: JOIN A MEETING On Dash Board Information regarding the Zoom meeting ID and meeting password is listed below:
(You can LISTEN
to the meeting and VIEW
the meeting this way.
ALL PARTICPANTS WHO WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN LEGALLY REQUIRED PUBLIC
PARTICIPATION MUST LOG IN WITH (It would be helpful to identify bill to be addressed)
Full Name – IE: Cheryl L. Brown 2020-0200
2. Watch it on your computer. Streaming site (or COJ streaming site):
3. Joining a Zoom Meeting by phone:
Dial: 1 (646) 558-8656 - Meeting ID: 915 0811 8953 Passcode: 634753
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/a9G44JaGU
WAYS FOR THE PUBLIC TO PARTICIPATE IN LEGALLY REQUIRED PUBLIC HEARINGS OR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION ZOOM MEETING
1. Refer to: City of Jacksonville Citizen Guide to Council Meetings (Attached)
2. Legal Name must appear on Zoom to be recognized by the Chair;
3. DO NOT
state your residence- address as this is not required in this forum – only state
County and Zip Code
4. Timeframe set by Chairman – No more than 3 minutes per speaker.
5. The Timer will be viewable. Must be in “Gallery View” to see countdown; Sort those in
meeting by going to “Participant” and typing in Timer.
6. Chairman will “ONLY”
call on speakers using the ELECTRONIC “RAISE HAND”
located within the Zoom App. This feature is found- Click on “Participants” scroll to the bottom
click on “Raise Hand”… wait to be recognized. (Must have a Microphone, Video, and Speakers
to participate with the function.)
INSTRUCTIONS: JOINING A MEETING BY DIAL-IN PHONE ONLY
- Dial numbers provided above. If you dial a toll number, your carrier rates will apply.
You will be prompted to enter the meeting ID
– the Meeting ID: 915 0811 8953 Passcode: 634753
- If the meeting has not already started and join before host is not enabled, you will be prompted to press # to wait if you are participant.
- You will be prompted to enter your unique participant ID. This only applies if you have joined on the computer or mobile device or are a panelist in a webinar. Press # to skip.
If you join by computer or mobile device later, you can enter the Participant ID to bind your phone and device session together and show your video when you speak on the phone. To enter your participant ID once you are in the meeting, enter #Participant ID#
on your phone.
PHONE CONTROLS FOR DIAL-IN PHONE ONLY PARTICIPANTS
The following commands can be entered via phone tones using your phone's dial pad while in a Zoom meeting:
- *6 - Toggle mute/unmute (While this is a function that is available the mute and unmute function will be controlled by the Host not the participant. To speak, the participant must use the *9 function to be recognized.)
- *9 - Raise hand (Electronic Zoom feature that “Must” be used to be recognized by the Chairman to Speak)
- Refer to: City of Jacksonville Citizen Guide to Council Meetings (Attached)
- Legal Name must appear on Zoom to be recognized by the Chair;
- DO NOT state your residence- address as this is not required in this forum – only state
County and Zip Code
- Timeframe set by Chairman – No more than 3 minutes per speaker.
- Phone in participate will be informed of remaining time.
- Chairman will “ONLY” recognize or call on speakers using the ELECTRONIC “RAISE HAND” feature located within the Zoom App *9 … wait to be recognized. (Must have a Microphone and Speakers on phone to participate with the function.)
4. Look at the digital recording of the meeting later on this website under available archives- City Council click
It is important that you use one of the above remote ways to access the meeting; the Mayor has imposed rules on social distancing because of the COVID-19 Virus. If you have any problems or questions about gaining access to the meeting, please call 904 255 5193 Leave your name number and brief message
WAYS FOR THE PUBLIC TO MAKE COMMENTS AT THE MEETING:
- You can email your comments to: CCMeeting01262021@coj.net
- For some meetings, you will be able to call in to make a comment on the phone.
Many meetings, especially informational ones, may not have public comment.
ADA and TDD ASSISTANCE
Pursuant to the American with Disabilities Act, accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request. Please allow 1-2 business days’ notification to process; last minute requests will be accepted, but may not be possible to fulfill. Please contact Disabled Services Division at: V- 904-255-5466, TTY-904-255-5476, or email your request to KaraT@coj.net
All legislative inquires contact Jessica Matthews, Chief of Legislative Services at 904 255 5169 or JMatthews@coj.net
. Please contact Dr. Cheryl L Brown, Director/Council Secretary at CLBrown@coj.net
904 255 5193 or refer to the information provided with the notice for specific contact information and/or details.
Please refer to the Jacksonville City Council Webpage at https://www.coj.net/city-council/events
for future meeting notices, cancellations and other notifications.
For general meeting information please contact Dr. Cheryl L Brown, Director/Council Secretary, at CLBrown@coj.net
or Jessica Matthews, Chief of Legislative Services, at JMatthews@coj.net