City Council | Sunshine Law and Public Records Law Training
June 07, 2021
117 W. Duval St., 1st Floor
Please contact Dr. Cheryl L Brown at 904.255.5133 or Carla Miller, Esq. at 904.255.5507, or Margaret Sidman, Esq. at 904.255.5055, for additional information or correspondence.
In accordance with Section 15.108 (Annual continuing education and training on Sunshine Law requirements), Ordinance Code:
Notice is hereby given that the Office of General Counsel, with the assistance of the Office of Ethics, Compliance, and Oversight, and the Director of Jacksonville City Council will provide the annual Mandatory Training on current Ethics Topics including Campaign Ethics, Conflicts Law, Sunshine and Public Records Law for all Members Elected to serve 2019-2023 and Executive Council Assistants.
Day 1 – Orientation Ethics Training
Monday, June 7, 2021 All Council Members, Elect and ECA Orientation
9:00 am – 11:30 am
Day One – Mandatory Sunshine Training
(Council Chambers – 1st Floor City Hall)
117 West Duval Street – Jacksonville, Florida
Meetings will provide continuing education and training to the City Council Members and their Executive Council Assistants on Government in the Sunshine and open meetings laws. Meetings will also provide information on organizational structure and City of Jacksonville required Human Resources information.
All interested parties are invited to attend.
Please contact Cheryl L Brown, Director City Council at 904.255.5133 or Margaret M. Sidman at 904.255.5055 for additional information or correspondence.
The meetings will be broadcast (FOR VIEWING ONLY) on Comcast Channel 99, AT&T Uverse Channel 99 or Streaming via https://www.coj.net/city-council/city-council-meetings-online, or Zoom Application (VIEWING ONLY).
The meeting noticed herein for Monday, June 7, 2021, 9:00 am can be accessed as follows:
WAYS FOR THE PUBLIC TO ACCESS THE MEETING (VIRTUAL; NO PARTICIPATION):
- You may attend the meeting in-person at the physical location- City Council Chambers, but CDC guidelines will be adhered to due to COVID-19. Concurrent with the expiration of Mayor Curry's Emergency Executive Proclamation 2020-005, any member of the public entering City-owned public buildings may choose to wear a mask inside the building. Council strongly encourages the use of masks for all employees and visitors, especially when social distancing at 6 feet (or more) is not possible. Council will make masks available for visitors and the public.
- You may attend the meeting virtually (for viewing only- no participation in public comment or public hearings).
- The public is encouraged to share general comments with individual Council Members by email or telephone. CCMeeting06082021@coj.net is the designated email for comments from the public.
JOINING A MEETING BY DIAL-IN PHONE ONLY
- Sign up for Zoom. Type - Zoom.US – with Chrome Internet Browser.
- Go to: "Join A Meeting" on Dashboard
- Enter the: Meeting ID: 939 8425 9797 Passcode: 520664
- Watch meeting via Stream Source on computer. Streaming site (or COJ streaming site): https://www.coj.net/city-council/city-council-meetings-online
- Join Zoom Meeting by Phone:
- Dial - 1 (301) 715-8592 or find a local number: https://zoom.us/u/acgmEl2oI
- Enter the Meeting ID: 939 8425 9797 Passcode: 520664
- Watch meeting on Comcast Channel 99 or AT&T Uverse Channel 99 or https://www.coj.net/city-council/city-council-meetings-online
- Watch the digital recording later via the City Council website.
- Click link: https://www.coj.net/city-council/city-council-meetings-online
- Go to "Available Archives" and click "City Council."
ACCESS TO CITY COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Dial the phone number listed above. If you dial a toll number, carrier rates may apply.
- You will be prompted to enter the Meeting ID and Passcode: Meeting ID: 939 8425 9797 Passcode: 520664
- If the meeting has not already started and "Join before host" is not enabled, you will be prompted to press # to wait if you are a participant.
- You will be prompted to enter your unique Participant ID. This only applies if you have joined on the computer or mobile device or are a panelist in a webinar. Press # to skip.
- If you join by computer or mobile device later, you can enter the Participant ID to bind your phone and device session together and show your video when you speak on the phone.
- To enter your Participant ID, enter #Participant ID# on your phone once you are in the meeting.
- Make Comments IN-PERSON.
- Email your comments to CCMeeting06082021@coj.net
- Contact Council Members directly by phone or email. The directory for Council Member contacts is found on the City Council page of the www.coj.net website.
ADA and TDD ASSISTANCE
Pursuant to the American with Disabilities Act, accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request. Please allow 1-2 business days' notification to process; last-minute requests will be accepted but may not be possible to fulfill. Please contact Disabled Services Division at: V (904) 255-5466, TTY (904) 255-5476, or email your request to KaraT@coj.net.
Please contact direct all legislative inquires to Jessica Matthews, Chief of Legislative Services at (904) 255-5169 or JMatthews@coj.net. Please contact Dr. Cheryl L Brown, Director/Council Secretary at CLBrown@coj.net (904) 255-5193 or refer to the information provided within the notice for specific inquiries, information and/or details.