8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. (Please join the meeting by 8:20 A.M.)
Notice is hereby given that the Honorable Tommy Hazouri, Council President of the Jacksonville City Council, hereby approves the ZOOM VIRTUAL MEMBER TO MEMBER MEETING OF THE MEMBERS OF THE SAFETY AND CRIME REDUCTION COMMISSION, Chaired by the Rev. Dr. Mark Griffin, Citizen Member to be held in conjunction with Safety and Crime Reduction Commission Members, Members of the Jacksonville City Council, the Mayor’s Administration (or their designee) and other elected or appointed members of Boards and Commission, and the public are invited to attend. The meeting will be held on Friday, December 4, 2020, at 8:30 am – 10:00 a.m., with no physical location. The meeting will discuss topics related to the background and charge of the Committee and any other items noted on the meeting agenda or at the discretion of the Chair:
Sec. 78.102. - Safety and Crime Reduction Commission
The Safety and Crime Reduction Commission (the "Commission") shall be a citizen-led group whose purpose is to undertake an in-depth review of the various programs within the city and abroad which have been deemed successful and contribute to safety and crime reduction; this will include a review of, but not limited to, successful programs created and/or operated by community organizations, social agencies, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, the Duval County Public Schools, and the City of Jacksonville itself as well as programs outside our City. The Commission will investigate the efficacy of these programs and make recommendations for how the City can leverage existing resources and expand and/or implement successful programs to create a comprehensive community-wide anti-crime initiative, which includes components of public safety, education, mental health, literacy, positive youth development, physical health, neighborhood stability, crime deterrence, workforce training, and intervention and rehabilitation. The Commission may recommend funding for programs to assist with the program goals and shall oversee and evaluate annually the effectiveness of funds expended on programs in support of safety and crime reduction measures…./ and other items of discussion thereto pertaining.
The meeting noticed herein is offered virtually
through the Zoom.US- computer application – NO LOCATION is scheduled for Friday, December 4, 2020, 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM. - NO MEETING LOCATION. The member to member meeting will be held to discuss topics related to the charge of the Safety and Crime Reduction Commission and any other items noted on the meeting agenda or at the discretion of the Chair but is NOT a meeting of the Commission but rather a noticed meeting of it’s members, and no physical quorum will be present and no action will be taken at the meeting.
Public access to the Zoom.US - computer application will be available in the Lynwood Roberts Room located on the 1st Floor of the St. James Building, 117 W. Duval Street, Jacksonville, Florida. CDC guidelines will be adhered to due to COVID-19. Space for attendance in the Lynwood Roberts Room will be limited due to social distancing and no more than 20 people are permitted to congregate in Lynwood Roberts Room. A mandatory mask requirement is in place for all public buildings pursuant to the Emergency Executive Proclamation 2020-005. For questions or specific information about public access, contact Carol Owens at (904) 255-5122 or email@example.com.
The public will be encouraged to share general comments with individual council members by email or telephone. Public hearings and public participation are required by state statute for specific legislation. We will conduct these hearings as required by state law. CCMeeting12082020@coj.net
is the designated email for general comments to be including as a part of this meeting.
WAYS FOR THE PUBLIC TO ACCESS THE MEETING:
Meeting ID: Meeting ID: 974 5207 1455 Passcode: 637987
- Sign up for Zoom. Type - Zoom.US – with Chrome Internet Browser. Go to: JOIN A MEETING On Dash Board Information regarding the Zoom meeting ID and meeting password is listed below:
(You can LISTEN
to the meeting and VIEW
the meeting this way.
ALL PARTICPANTS WHO WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN LEGALLY REQUIRED PUBLIC
PARTICIPATION MUST LOG IN WITH (It would be helpful to identify bill to be addressed)
Full Name – IE: Cheryl L. Brown 2020-0200
2. Watch it on your computer. Streaming site (or COJ streaming site):
3. Joining a Zoom Meeting by phone:
Dial: 1 (646) 558-8656 - Meeting ID: 974 5207 1455 Passcode: 637987
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/a9G44JaGU
WAYS FOR THE PUBLIC TO PARTICIPATE IN LEGALLY REQUIRED PUBLIC HEARINGS OR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION ZOOM MEETING
1. Refer to: City of Jacksonville Citizen Guide to Council Meetings (Attached)
2. Legal Name must appear on Zoom to be recognized by the Chair;
3. DO NOT
state your residence- address as this is not required in this forum – only state
County and Zip Code
4. Timeframe set by Chairman – No more than 3 minutes per speaker.
5. The Timer will be viewable. Must be in “Gallery View” to see countdown; Sort those in
meeting by going to “Participant” and typing in Timer.
6. Chairman will “ONLY”
call on speakers using the ELECTRONIC “RAISE HAND”
located within the Zoom App. This feature is found- Click on “Participants” scroll to the bottom
click on “Raise Hand”… wait to be recognized. (Must have a Microphone, Video, and Speakers
to participate with the function.)
INSTRUCTIONS: JOINING A MEETING BY DIAL-IN PHONE ONLY
- Dial numbers provided above. If you dial a toll number, your carrier rates will apply.
You will be prompted to enter the meeting ID
– the Meeting ID: 974 5207 1455 Passcode: 637987
- If the meeting has not already started and join before host is not enabled, you will be prompted to press # to wait if you are participant.
- You will be prompted to enter your unique participant ID. This only applies if you have joined on the computer or mobile device or are a panelist in a webinar. Press # to skip.
If you join by computer or mobile device later, you can enter the Participant ID to bind your phone and device session together and show your video when you speak on the phone. To enter your participant ID once you are in the meeting, enter #Participant ID#
on your phone.
PHONE CONTROLS FOR DIAL-IN PHONE ONLY PARTICIPANTS
The following commands can be entered via phone tones using your phone's dial pad while in a Zoom meeting:
- *6 - Toggle mute/unmute (While this is a function that is available the mute and unmute function will be controlled by the Host not the participant. To speak, the participant must use the *9 function to be recognized.)
- *9 - Raise hand (Electronic Zoom feature that “Must” be used to be recognized by the Chairman to Speak)
- Refer to: City of Jacksonville Citizen Guide to Council Meetings (Attached)
- Legal Name must appear on Zoom to be recognized by the Chair;
- DO NOT state your residence- address as this is not required in this forum – only state
County and Zip Code
- Timeframe set by Chairman – No more than 3 minutes per speaker.
- Phone in participate will be informed of remaining time.
- Chairman will “ONLY” recognize or call on speakers using the ELECTRONIC “RAISE HAND” feature located within the Zoom App *9 … wait to be recognized. (Must have a Microphone and Speakers on phone to participate with the function.)
4. Look at the digital recording of the meeting later on this website under available archives- City Council click
It is important that you use one of the above remote ways to access the meeting; the Mayor has imposed rules on social distancing because of the COVID-19 Virus. If you have any problems or questions about gaining access to the meeting, please call 904 255 5193 Leave your name number and brief message
WAYS FOR THE PUBLIC TO MAKE COMMENTS AT THE MEETING:
- You can email your comments to: CCMEETING12082020@COJ.NET
- For some meetings, you will be able to call in to make a comment on the phone.
Many meetings, especially informational ones, may not have public comment.
ADA and TDD ASSISTANCE
Pursuant to the American with Disabilities Act, accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request. Please allow 1-2 business days’ notification to process; last minute requests will be accepted, but may not be possible to fulfill. Please contact Disabled Services Division at: V- 904-255-5466, TTY-904-255-5476, or email your request to KaraT@coj.net
All legislative inquires contact Jessica Matthews, Chief of Legislative Services at 904 255 5169 or JMatthews@coj.net
. Please contact Dr. Cheryl L Brown, Director/Council Secretary at CLBrown@coj.net
904 255 5193 or refer to the information provided with the notice for specific contact information and/or details.
Please refer to the Jacksonville City Council Webpage at https://www.coj.net/city-council/events
for future meeting notices, cancellations and other notifications.
For general meeting information please contact Dr. Cheryl L Brown, Director/Council Secretary, at CLBrown@coj.net
or Jessica Matthews, Chief of Legislative Services, at JMatthews@coj.net