Notice is hereby given that the Honorable Tommy Hazouri, President of the Jacksonville City Council, hereby schedules an IN - PERSON with (STREAMING VIEWING OPTIONS ONLY) MEETING FOR THE 2021 – 2022 INSTALLATION OF COUNCIL LEADERSHIP OFFICERS – Council President and Council Vice President to be held in conjunction with Members of the Jacksonville City Council. Notice is given that other elected or appointed members of Boards and Commission are invited to attend. The meeting is scheduled for Thursday, June 24, 2021, 12:00 P.M. The meeting will be held in the Jacksonville City Council Chambers, located at 117 West Duval Street, First Floor, Jacksonville, Florida. Additionally, the Lynwood Roberts Room located at 117 West Duval Street, First Floor City Hall has been reserved for overflow seating and streaming of the activity.
Physical Location: Council Chambers
City Hall- St. James Building
117 W. Duval Street – 1st Floor
Jacksonville, Florida 32202
(If attending virtually, please join the meeting by 11:45 AM)
Meeting ID: 979 1587 8094
As of May 11, City Council returned to in-person meetings for all Council Members and the public. The meetings will be broadcast (FOR VIEWING ONLY) on Comcast Channel 99, AT&T Uverse Channel 99 or Streaming via https://www.coj.net/city-council/city-council-meetings-online, or Zoom Application (VIEWING ONLY).
Members of the Jacksonville City Council and other elected or appointed members of Boards and Commission, and other interested parties are invited to attend. In-person attendance by members of the public is necessary to participate in public comment or public hearings.
Council Members, if you are unable to attend in person, please send your excusals to the Council President in order to ascertain quorum for the meetings. No virtual attendance will be permitted for Council Members or participants.
The meeting noticed herein for Thursday, June 24, 2021, 12:00 PM can be accessed as follows:
- You may attend the meeting in-person at the physical location- City Council Chambers, but CDC guidelines will be adhered to due to COVID-19. Concurrent with the expiration of Mayor Curry's Emergency Executive Proclamation 2020-005, any member of the public entering City-owned public buildings may choose to wear a mask inside the building. Council strongly encourages the use of masks for all employees and visitors, especially when social distancing at 6 feet (or more) is not possible. Council will make masks available for visitors and the public.
- You may attend the meeting virtually (for viewing only- no participation in public comment or public hearings).
WAYS FOR THE PUBLIC TO ACCESS THE MEETING (VIRTUAL; NO PARTICIPATION):
- The public is encouraged to share general comments with individual Council Members by email or telephone CCMeeting06222021@coj.net is the designated email for comments from the public.
- Sign up for Zoom. Type - Zoom.US – with Chrome Internet Browser.
- Go to: "Join A Meeting" on Dashboard
- Enter the Meeting ID: 979 1587 8094 Passcode: 24925
- Watch meeting via Stream Source on computer. Streaming site (or COJ streaming site): https://www.coj.net/city-council/city-council-meetings-online
- Join Zoom Meeting by Phone:
- Dial - 1 (301) 715-8592 or find a local number: https://zoom.us/u/acgmEl2oI
- Enter the Meeting ID:979 1587 8094 Passcode: 24925
- Watch meeting on Comcast Channel 99 or AT&T Uverse Channel 99 or https://www.coj.net/city-council/city-council-meetings-online
- Watch the digital recording later via the City Council website.
a. Click link: https://www.coj.net/city-council/city-council-meetings-online
b. Go to "Available Archives" and click "City Council."
JOINING A MEETING BY DIAL-IN PHONE ONLY
ACCESS TO CITY COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Dial the phone number listed above. If you dial a toll number, carrier rates may apply.
- You will be prompted to enter the Meeting ID and Passcode: a. Enter the Meeting ID: 979 1587 8094 Passcode: 24925
- If the meeting has not already started and "Join before host" is not enabled, you will be prompted to press # to wait if you are a participant.
- You will be prompted to enter your unique Participant ID. This only applies if you have joined on the computer or mobile device or are a panelist in a webinar. Press # to skip.
- If you join by computer or mobile device later, you can enter the Participant ID to bind your phone and device session together and show your video when you speak on the phone.
- To enter your Participant ID, enter #Participant ID# on your phone once you are in the meeting.
ADA and TDD ASSISTANCE
- Make Comments IN-PERSON.
- Email your comments to CCMeeting06222021@coj.net
- Contact Council Members directly by phone or email. The directory for Council Member contacts is found on the City Council page of the www.coj.net website.
Pursuant to the American with Disabilities Act, accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request. Please allow 1-2 business days' notification to process; last-minute requests will be accepted but may not be possible to fulfill. Please contact Disabled Services Division at: V (904) 255-5466, TTY (904) 255-5476, or email your request to KaraT@coj.net.
Please contact direct all legislative inquires to Jessica Matthews, Chief of Legislative Services at (904) 255-5169 or JMatthews@coj.net. Please contact Dr. Cheryl L Brown, Director/Council Secretary at CLBrown@coj.net (904) 255-5122 or refer to the information provided within the notice for specific inquiries, information and/or details.