Taxation, Revenue & Utilization of Expenditures Commission
The Taxation, Revenue and Utilization of Expenditures "TRUE" Commission is established pursuant to Chapter 57, Ordinance Code, and charged to:
Act as an advisory body to the city concerning fiscal policy. Improve the city's long-range financial soundness, planning budgeting, and management and to keep the public better informed about important issues related to city financing and budgeting. May choose to review any aspect of fiscal policy, including:
- The city's long-range financial soundness, planning budgeting, and management;
- The city's budgetary process, including taxation, revenue generation, expenditures, use of permit fees and user fees, bonding capacity, franchise fees, state and federal mandates, privatization, 'zero based' financing and other similar topics;
- The appropriateness of each revenue source the city receives to make up its annual general revenue budget;
- Potential new revenue sources, such as impact fees, and the use of any such funds;
- The pre- and post-retirement benefit structure for city employees and the potential impact on the financial status of the city;
- Recommendations that will help make Jacksonville the most fairly-taxed and financially-sound city in the nation;
- Recommendations to keep the public better informed about important issues of city financing and budgeting which affect their lives;
- Other areas as the Commission may determine are appropriate and within their scope.
Chief of Research
Jacksonville City Council
117 W. Duval Street, Suite 425
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address published, do not send electronic mail to the Commission or staff. Instead, contact the Commission by phone or in writing.